Public Order and Private Payments: Paying for Police Services at Events
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Marie, 2016.
"Police and thieves in the stadium: measuring the (multiple) effects of football matches on crime,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 179(1), pages 273-292, January.
- Marie Olivier, 2010. "Police and Thieves in the Stadium: Measuring the (Multiple) Effects of Football Matches on Crime," Research Memorandum 044, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Olivier Marie, 2010. "Police and Thieves in the Stadium: Measuring the (Multiple)Effects of Football Matches on Crime," CEP Discussion Papers dp1012, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Marie Olivier, 2011. "Police and Thieves in the Stadium: Measuring the (Multiple) Effects of Football Matches on Crime," Research Memorandum 015, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Scott E. Atkinson & Linda R. Stanley & John Tschirhart, 1988. "Revenue Sharing as an Incentive in an Agency Problem: An example from the National Football League," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(1), pages 27-43, Spring.
- Mikael Priks, 2014.
"Do Surveillance Cameras Affect Unruly Behavior? A Close Look at Grandstands,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 116(4), pages 1160-1179, October.
- Mikael Priks, 2008. "Do Surveillance Cameras Affect Unruly Behavior? A Close Look at Grandstands," CESifo Working Paper Series 2289, CESifo Group Munich.
- Steven Shavell & A. Mitchell Polinsky, 2000. "The Economic Theory of Public Enforcement of Law," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 45-76, March.
- Pedro Garcia-del-Barrio & Stefan Szymanski, 2009. "Goal! Profit Maximization Versus Win Maximization in Soccer," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(1), pages 45-68, February.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Priks, Mikael, 2009.
"The effect of police intelligence on group violence: Evidence from reassignments in Sweden,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 403-411, April.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Priks, Mikael, 2009. "The effect of police intelligence on group violence: Evidence from reassignments in Sweden," Munich Reprints in Economics 19791, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- George J. Stigler, 1974. "The Optimum Enforcement of Laws," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 55-67 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-146, June.
- Andrew Zimbalist, 2003. "Sport as Business," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 503-511, Winter.
- Mikael Priks, 2013. "Singin' in the Rain: A Study of Social Pressure on the Soccer Field," CESifo Working Paper Series 4481, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic order; private security; public events; co-payments for police; free-riding; externality; hooliganism; natural experiment;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H49 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Other
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2014-04-29 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAW-2014-04-29 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2014-04-29 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2014_0003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .