Export experience of managers and the internationalization of firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Davide Sala & Erdal Yalcin, 2012. "Export Experience of Managers and the Internationalization of Firms," ifo Working Paper Series 139, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Andrew Atkeson & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2005. "Modeling and Measuring Organization Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 1026-1053, October.
- Davide Sala & Philipp J. H. Schröder & Erdal Yalcin, 2010. "Market Access Through Bound Tariffs," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(3), pages 272-289, July.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "On the Pooling of Time Series and Cross Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Giuseppe Bertola, 2010. "Options, Inaction, And Uncertainty," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(s1), pages 254-271, July.
- Li, Jing & Rugman, Alan M., 2007. "Real options and the theory of foreign direct investment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 687-712, December.
- Harry G. Barkema & Oleg Shvyrkov, 2007. "Does top management team diversity promote or hamper foreign expansion?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(7), pages 663-680, July.
- Bell, Linda & Smith, Nina & Smith, Valdemar & Verner, Mette, 2008. "Gender differences in promotion into top-management jobs," Working Papers 08-21, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Krautheim, 2007. "Gravity and Information: Heterogeneous Firms, Exporter Networks and the 'Distance Puzzle'," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/51, European University Institute.
- Luca David Opromolla & Giordano Mion, 2011.
"Managers’ Mobility, Trade Status, and Wages,"
w201104, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Giordano Mion & Luca David Opromolla, 2011. "Managers' Mobility, Trade Status and Wages," CEP Discussion Papers dp1044, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mion, Giordano & Opromolla, Luca David, 2011. "Managers' Mobility, Trade Status, and Wages," CEPR Discussion Papers 8230, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mike W Peng & Anne S York, 2001. "Behind Intermediary Performance in Export Trade: Transactions, Agents, and Resources," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(2), pages 327-346, June.
- Luis Garicano, 2000. "Hierarchies and the Organization of Knowledge in Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 874-904, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaan Masso & Kärt Rõigas & Priit Vahter, 2015.
"Foreign market experience, learning by hiring and firm export performance,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(4), pages 659-686, November.
- Jaan Masso & Kärt Rõigas & Priit Vahter, 2014. "Foreign Market Experience, Learning By Hiring And Firm Export Performance," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 95, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Hans Lööf & Ingrid Viklund‐Ros, 2020.
"Board of directors and export spillovers: What is the impact on extensive margins of trade?,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(5), pages 1188-1215, May.
- Lööf, Hans & Viklund-Ros, Ingrid, 2019. "Board of directors and export-spillovers: What is the impact on extensive margins of trade?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 482, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Andreas Hatzigeorgiou & Magnus Lodefalk, 2019.
"Migration and servicification: Do immigrant employees spur firm exports of services?,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(11), pages 3368-3401, November.
- Hatzigeorgiou, Andreas & Lodefalk, Magnus, 2017. "Migration and Servicification: Do Immigrant Employees Spur Firm Exports of Services?," Ratio Working Papers 298, The Ratio Institute.
- Liis Roosaar & Urmas Varblane & Jaan Masso, 2020. "Productivity Gains From Labour Churning In Economic Crisis: Do Foreign Firms Gain More?," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 125, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Bisztray, Márta & Koren, Miklós & Szeidl, Adam, 2018. "Learning to import from your peers," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 242-258.
- Danielken Molina & Marc-Andreas Muendler, 2013. "Preparing to Export," NBER Working Papers 18962, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaan Masso & Priit Vahter, 2016. "Knowledge Transfer From Multinationals Through Labour Mobility: Learning From Export Experience," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 99, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Paul, Justin & Parthasarathy, Sundar & Gupta, Parul, 2017. "Exporting challenges of SMEs: A review and future research agenda," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 327-342.
- Parrotta, Pierpaolo & Pozzoli, Dario & Sala, Davide, 2016.
"Ethnic diversity and firms' export behavior,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 248-263.
- Parrotta, Pierpaolo & Pozzoli, Dario & Sala, Davide, 2014. "Ethnic Diversity and Firms' Export Behavior," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 2/2014, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Parrotta, Pierpaolo & Pozzoli, Dario & Sala, Davide, 2014. "Ethnic Diversity and Firms' Export Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 7923, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pierpaolo Parrotta & Dario Pozzoli & Davide Sala, 2016. "Ethnic Diversity and Firms' Export Behavior," Post-Print hal-01512787, HAL.
- Jaan Masso & Kärt Rõigas & Priit Vahter, 2014. "Foreign Market Experience, Learning by Hiring and Firm Export," Discussion Papers 26, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Hatzigeorgiou, Andreas & Lodefalk, Magnus, 2015. "The Role of Foreign Networks for Firm Export of Services," Working Papers 2015:6, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Magnus Lodefalk, 2016. "Temporary expats for exports: micro-level evidence," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(4), pages 733-772, November.
- Junghyun Yoon & Dae-su Kim, 2016. "Empirical Relationships among Technological Characteristics, Global Orientation, and Internationalisation of South Korean New Ventures," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-13, December.
More about this item
KeywordsExport status; managerial promotions; international experience; self-selection;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2012-09-16 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2012-09-16 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2012-09-16 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HIS-2012-09-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INT-2012-09-16 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2012_018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okioudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.