The TV industry : advertising and programming
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, University of Oslo, P.O Box 1095 Blindern, N-0317 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: 22 85 51 27
Fax: 22 85 50 35
Web page: http://www.oekonomi.uio.no/indexe.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Rysman, 2004. "Competition Between Networks: A Study of the Market for Yellow Pages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(2), pages 483-512.
- Ron Shachar & Bharat N. Anand, 1998. "The Effectiveness and Targeting of Television Advertising," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 363-396, 09.
- Anthony Dukes, 2004. "The Adverstising Market in a Product Oligopoly," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 327-348, 09.
- Nilssen, T. & Sorgard, L., 2000. "TV Advertising, Programming Investments, and Product-Market Oligopoly," Papers 6/2000, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1992. "Sunk Costs and Market Structure: A Review Article," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 125-134, June.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Oligopoly Pricing: Old Ideas and New Tools," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026272040x.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Eckard, E Woodrow, Jr, 1991. "Competition and the Cigarette TV Advertising Ban," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 119-33, January.
- Massimo Motta & Michele Polo, 2001.
"Beyond the Spectrum Constraint: Concentration and Entry in the Broadcasting Industry,"
Rivista di Politica Economica,
SIPI Spa, vol. 91(4), pages 115-150, April-May.
- Massimo Motta & Michele Polo, "undated". "Beyond the Spectrum Constraint: Concentration and Entry in the Broadcasting Industry," Working Papers 115, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Gene M. Grossman & Carl Shapiro, 1984. "Informative Advertising with Differentiated Products," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 63-81.
- Berry, Steven T. & Waldfogel, Joel, 1999.
"Public radio in the United States: does it correct market failure or cannibalize commercial stations?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 189-211, February.
- Steven T. Berry & Joel Waldfogel, 1997. "Public Radio in the United States: Does It Correct Market Failure or Cannibalize Commercial Stations?," NBER Working Papers 6057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nilssen,T. & Sorgard,L., 2001. "Who are the advertisers?," Memorandum 19/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Cabizza, Mariella M. & De Fraja, Gianni, 1998. "Quality considerations in auctions for television franchises," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 9-22, March.
- Jean Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 1999.
"TV-Broadcasting Competition and Advertising,"
99-72, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Michael Spence & Bruce Owen, 1977. "Television Programming, Monopolistic Competition, and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 103-126.
- Goettler, R., 1999. "Advertising Rates, Audience Composition, and Competition in the Network Television Industry," GSIA Working Papers 1999-28, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Anthony Dukes & Esther Gal–Or, 2003. "Negotiations and Exclusivity Contracts for Advertising," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 222-245, November.
- Häckner, Jonas & Nyberg, Sten, 2000. "Price Competition, Advertising and Media Market Concentration," Research Papers in Economics 2000:3, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Goettler, Ronald L & Shachar, Ron, 2001. "Spatial Competition in the Network Television Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(4), pages 624-656, Winter.
- Esther Gal-Or & Anthony Dukes, 2003. "Minimum Differentiation in Commercial Media Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 291-325, 09.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan, 2001. "Information Gatekeepers on the Internet and the Competitiveness of Homogeneous Product Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 454-474, June.
- Massimo Motta & Michele Polo, 1997. "Concentration and public policies in the broadcasting industry: the future of television," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(25), pages 293-334, October.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2000. "Market Provision of Public Goods: The Case of Broadcasting," NBER Working Papers 7513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Phlips,Louis, 1995. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521498715, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2001_018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magnus Gabriel Aase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.