TV-Broadcasting Competition and Advertising
We analyse the rivalry between two TV-channels competing both on the market for audience and the market for advertising. We identify the nature of TV-programs emerging from this competition, and the quantity of advertising that TV-viewers will have to attend at equilibrium. Finally, we examine how a government's regulation of this quantity will affect programs' selection by the channels.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 15 Boulevard Gabriel Peri 92245 Malakoff Cedex|
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://www.crest.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979.
"On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition","
Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-50, September.
- Michael Spence & Bruce Owen, 1977. "Television Programming, Monopolistic Competition, and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 103-126.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, 2000. "Does press advertising foster the “pensée unique”?," CORE Discussion Papers 2000008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:99-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.