South-South FDI and Development in East Asia
This paper attempts to measure the size of South-South FDI in developing East Asia and the trends in it, and the characteristics of the investing countries and the investments themselves. It also summarizes the findings of studies in individual countries of the effects of these investments. The studies of individual countries will be used to try to find some consensus on differences between South-South FDI and North-South FDI. Among the comparisons of the two types of FDI we try to summarize are be findings about their industrial composition, their effects on their host countries and their host-country firms’ productivity, wages, and employment, and how these differ across industries.
|Date of creation:||30 Sep 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University, Box 7082, S-220 07 Lund,Sweden|
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary, 2014.
"FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 366-383.
- Luosha Du & Ann Harrison & Gary Jefferson, 2011. "FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays," NBER Working Papers 16767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik & Lipsey, Robert E. & Sun, Jing, 2010. "Foreign Ownership and Employment Growth in Indonesian Manufacturing," Working Paper Series 831, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Fredrik Sjöholm & Jing Sun, 2010. "Foreign Ownership and Employment Growth in Indonesian Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 15936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petri, Peter A., 2012. "The determinants of bilateral FDI: Is Asia different?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 201-209.
- Peter A. Petri, 2010. "The Determinants of Bilateral FDI: Is Asia Different?," Working Papers 12, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Xu, Xinpeng & Sheng, Yu, 2012. "Are FDI spillovers regional? Firm-level evidence from China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 244-258.
- Linda Low & Eric D. Ramstetter & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 1998. "Accounting for Outward Direct Investment from Hong Kong and Singapore: Who Controls What?," NBER Chapters,in: Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting, pages 139-172 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Low & Eric D. Ramstetter & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 1996. "Accounting for Outward Direct Investment from Hong Kong and Singapore: Who Controls What?," NBER Working Papers 5858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Baldwin & Robert E. Lipsey & J. David Richards, 1998. "Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bald98-1, 01.
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2009. "Understanding bilateral FDI flows in developing Asia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(2), pages 73-93, November.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Mehmet Genc, 2008. "Transforming disadvantages into advantages: developing-country MNEs in the least developed countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(6), pages 957-979, September.
- Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary H., 2012. "Testing for horizontal and vertical foreign investment spillovers in China, 1998–2007," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 234-243.
- Abraham, Filip & Konings, Jozef & Slootmaekers, Veerle, 2007. "FDI Spillovers in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector: Evidence of firm heterogeneity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)