Foreign Direct Investments in Southeast Asia
Foreign direct investment has been of large importance in economic growth and global economic integration over the last decades. South East Asia has been part of this development with rapidly increasing inflows of FDI. However, there are large variations over time and between countries in the region as regard to the policies towards FDI, and in actual inflows of FDI. This chapter aims at examining the size of FDI in South East Asia and the trends in it. The main determinants of FDI in Southeast Asia as well as their effect on the host countries are also discussed and examined.
|Date of creation:||11 Nov 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46 +46 222 0000
Fax: +46 +46 2224613
Web page: http://www.nek.lu.se/en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lipsey, Robert E. & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2002.
"Foreign Firms and Indonesian Manufacturing Wages: An Analysis with Panel Data,"
EIJS Working Paper Series
166, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Sjoholm, Fredrik & Lipsey, Robert E, 2006. "Foreign Firms and Indonesian Manufacturing Wages: An Analysis with Panel Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 201-21, October.
- Fredrik Sjöholm & Robert E. Lipsey, 2006. "Foreign Firms and Indonesian Manufacturing Wages: An Analysis with Panel Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 201-221.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Fredrik Sjoholm, 2003. "Foreign Firms and Indonesian Manufacturing Wages: An Analysis With Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 9417, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nabamita Dutta* & Sanjukta Roy, 2011. "Foreign direct investment, financial development and political risks," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 44(2), pages 303-329, January-M.
- Eric Ramstetter, 2009. "Firm- and Plant-level Analysis of Multinationals in Southeast Asia: the Perils of Pooling Industries and Balancing Panels," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-106, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Linda Low & Eric D. Ramstetter & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 1998.
"Accounting for Outward Direct Investment from Hong Kong and Singapore: Who Controls What?,"
in: Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting, pages 139-172
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Low & Eric D. Ramstetter & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 1996. "Accounting for Outward Direct Investment from Hong Kong and Singapore: Who Controls What?," NBER Working Papers 5858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Baldwin & Robert E. Lipsey & J. David Richards, 1998. "Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bald98-1, May.
- Andrew Abbott & David O. Cushman & Glauco De Vita, 2012. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Foreign Direct Investment Flows to Developing Countries," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 95-107, 02.
- Booth, Anne, 1999. "Initial Conditions and Miraculous Growth: Why is South East Asia Different From Taiwan and South Korea?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 301-321, February.
- Lipsey, Robert E. & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2011.
"South-South FDI and Development in East Asia,"
2011:30, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- J.S. Eades, 2005. "East Asia," Chapters, in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 34 Edward Elgar.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Roy, Sanjukta, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, Financial Development and Political Risks," MPRA Paper 10186, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Aug 2008.
- Kohpaiboon, Archanun, 2006. "Foreign direct investment and technology spillover: A cross-industry analysis of Thai manufacturing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 541-556, March.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Fredrik Sjöholm & Jing Sun, 2013. "Foreign Ownership and Employment Growth in a Developing Country," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(8), pages 1133-1147, August.
- Görg, Holger & Greenaway, David, 2003.
"Much Ado About Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holger Görg & David Greenaway, 2004. "Much Ado about Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 171-197.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2013_037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.