Foreign Direct Investment, Financial Development and Political Risks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nabamita Dutta* & Sanjukta Roy, 2011. "Foreign direct investment, financial development and political risks," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 44(2), pages 303-329, January-M.
References listed on IDEAS
- Folster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 2001.
"Growth effects of government expenditure and taxation in rich countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1501-1520, August.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 1998. "Growth Effects of Government Expenditure and Taxation in Rich Countries," Working Paper Series 503, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 20 Jun 2000.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 2000. "Growth Effects of Government Expenditure and Taxation in Rich Countries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 391, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Felix Rioja & Neven Valev, 2004.
"Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Neven Valev & Felix Rioja, 2002. "Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0217, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob Kolster, 2015. "North Africa - Working paper - Does foreign direct investment improve welfare in North African countries?," Working Paper Series 2162, African Development Bank.
- Shah, Mumtaz Hussain, 2016. "Financial development and foreign direct investment: The case of Middle East and North African (MENA) developing nations," MPRA Paper 82013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hartwell, Christopher A., 2014. "The impact of institutional volatility on financial volatility in transition economies : a GARCH family approach," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Abdelaal Mahmoud, Ashraf, 2010.
"FDI, local Financial Markets, Employment and poverty alleviation,"
29717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdel Aal Mahmoud, Ashraf, 2010. "FDI, local Financial Markets, employment and poverty alleviation," MPRA Paper 23608, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2010.
- Agbloyor, Elikplimi Komla & Abor, Joshua & Adjasi, Charles Komla Delali & Yawson, Alfred, 2013. "Exploring the causality links between financial markets and foreign direct investment in Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 118-134.
- repec:bla:apacel:v:31:y:2017:i:2:p:78-95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahvish Faran, 2014. "An Impact Assessment of Expected Future Turmoil Risk on FDI: A Panel Data Analysis of Developing Countries," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 101-128, July-Dec.
- Issouf Soumaré & Fulbert Tchana Tchana, 2015.
"Causality between FDI and Financial Market Development: Evidence from Emerging Markets,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(suppl_1), pages 205-216.
- Soumaré, Issouf & TCHANA TCHANA, Fulbert, 2011. "Causality between FDI and Financial Market Development: Evidence from Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 31328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:20:y:2014:i:2:p:203-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gould, David M. & Tan, Congyan & Emamgholi, Amir S. Sadeghi, 2013. "Attracting foreign direct investment : what can South Asia's lack of success teach other developing countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6696, The World Bank.
- Gohou, Gaston & Soumaré, Issouf, 2012. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Reduce Poverty in Africa and are There Regional Differences?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 75-95.
- Kurul, Zühal, 2017. "Nonlinear relationship between institutional factors and FDI flows: Dynamic panel threshold analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 148-160.
- John C. Anyanwu, 2012. "Why Does Foreign Direct Investment Go Where It Goes?: New Evidence From African Countries," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 425-462, November.
- Isaac Otchere & Issouf Soumaré & Pierre Yourougou, 2016. "FDI and Financial Market Development in Africa," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(5), pages 651-678, May.
- Farrokh Nourzad & David Greenwold & Rui Yang, 2014. "The Interaction Between FDI and Infrastructure Capital in The Development Process," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 20(2), pages 203-212, May.
- World Bank, 2013. "Trends and Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in South Asia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16522, The World Bank.
- Donaubauer, Julian & Neumayer, Eric & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2016. "Financial market development in host and source countries and its effects on bilateral FDI," Kiel Working Papers 2029, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investments in Southeast Asia," Working Papers 2013:37, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Qazi Muhammad Adnan Hye, 2014. "Foreign direct investment and liberalization policies in Pakistan: An empirical analysis," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-12, December.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Financial Development; Political Risks;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.