Initial Conditions and Miraculous Growth: Why is South East Asia Different From Taiwan and South Korea?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cole,David C. & Slade,Betty F., 1996. "Building a Modern Financial System," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521570923, March.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1994. "King Kong Meets Godzilla: The World Bank and The East Asian Miracle," CEPR Discussion Papers 944, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 465-490.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hill, Hal, 1996. "Indonesia's Industrial Policy and Performance: "Orthodoxy" Vindicated," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 147-174, October.
- Michael T. Rock, 1995. "Thai industrial policy: How irrelevant was it to export success?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 745-757, September.
- Ranis, Gustav, 1995. "Another Look at the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 509-534, September.
- Birdsall, Nancy & Ross, David & Sabot, Richard, 1995.
"Inequality and Growth Reconsidered: Lessons from East Asia,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 477-508, September.
- Richard Sabot & David Ross & Nancy Birdsall, 2016. "Inequality and Growth Reconsidered: Lessons from East Asia," Working Papers id:8848, eSocialSciences.
- Hay Woo, Jennie, 1991. "Education and economic growth in Taiwan: A case of successful planning," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1029-1044, August.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1995. "Malaysia: Industrial success and the role of the government," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 759-773, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1996. "Some Lessons from the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 151-177, August.
- Hamid Faruqee & Aasim M. Husain, 1995. "Saving Trends in Southeast Asia; A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 95/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Susan M. Collins & Barry P. Bosworth, 1996. "Economic Growth in East Asia: Accumulation versus Assimilation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 135-204.
- Huff, W G, 1995. "What Is the Singapore Model of Economic Development?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(6), pages 735-759, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Hoyrup, 2005. "Retour sur la croissance rapide des pays d'Asie du Sud-Est dans les années 80-90 : une analyse statistique des similitudes et des différences entre l'Indonésie, la Malaisie, les Philippines et la Thaï," Post-Print halshs-00097796, HAL.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik & Sjöberg, Örjan, 2005. "The Cambodian Economy: Ready For Take-Off?," EIJS Working Paper Series 209, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Kwack, Sung Yeung & Lee, Young Sun, 2006. "Analyzing the Korea's growth experience: The application of R&D and human capital based growth models with demography," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 818-831, November.
- Ludger Wößmann, 2005.
"Educational Production in East Asia: The Impact of Family Background and Schooling Policies on Student Performance,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(3), pages 331-353, August.
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2003. "Educational Production in East Asia: The Impact of Family Background and Schooling Policies on Student Performance," Kiel Working Papers 1152, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Woessmann, Ludger, 2003. "Educational Production in East Asia: The Impact of Family Background and Schooling Policies on Student Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 745, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wößmann, Ludger, 2005. "Educational production in East Asia: The impact of family background and schooling policies on student performance," Munich Reprints in Economics 19657, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sun Sheng Han & George Ofori, 2001. "Construction industry in China's regional economy, 1990-1998," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 189-205.
- Scott J. Niblock & Panha Heng & Keith Sloan, 2014. "Regional stock markets and the economic development of Southeast Asia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 28(1), pages 47-59, May.
- Bryan Ritchie, 2009. "Economic upgrading in a state-coordinated, liberal market economy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 435-457, September.
- Hal Hill, 2013. "Is there a Southeast Asian Development Model?," Departmental Working Papers 2013-19, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Florian Brugger, 2015. "Asia’s Reserve Accumulation: Part of a New Paradigm," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2015-03, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Bertrand Maximin, 2003. "Investissement direct étranger, dynamique industrielle et inégalité salariale en Asie," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 122(2), pages 85-105.
- Gellert, Paul K., 2005. "The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1345-1364, August.
- Michael T. Rock, 2003. "The Politics of Development Policy and Development Policy Reform in New Order Indonesia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-632, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Florian Brugger, 2016. "Asias Reserve Accumulation: Part of a New Paradigm," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(8), pages 457-476, August.
- Kyle, Jordan, 2017. "Perspectives on the role of the state in economic development: Taking stock of the â€œDevelopmental Stateâ€ after 35 years," IFPRI discussion papers 1597, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Temple, Jonathan, 2001. "Growing into Trouble: Indonesia After 1966," CEPR Discussion Papers 2932, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diao, Xinshen & Rattso, Jorn & Stokke, Hildegunn E., 2006. "Learning by exporting and structural change: A Ramsey growth model of Thailand," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 293-306, April.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investments in Southeast Asia," Working Papers 2013:37, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2002. "Educational Reforms & Challenges in Southeast Asia," EIJS Working Paper Series 152, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Francisco Garcia-Blanch, 2001. "An Empirical Inquiry into the Nature of South Korean Economic Growth," CID Working Papers 74A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:2:p:301-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .