South–South FDI and Development in East Asia
This paper attempts to measure the size of South–South foreign direct investment (FDI) in developing East Asia and the trends in it, the characteristics of the investing countries, and the investments themselves. It also summarizes the findings of studies in individual countries of the effects of these investments. The studies of individual countries will be used to try to find some consensus on differences between South–South FDI and North–South FDI. Among the comparisons of the two types of FDI summarized are findings about their industrial composition; their effects on their host countries and their host-country firms’ productivity, wages, and employment; and how these differ across industries.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 28 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Linda Low & Eric D. Ramstetter & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 1996.
"Accounting for Outward Direct Investment from Hong Kong and Singapore: Who Controls What?,"
NBER Working Papers
5858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Low & Eric D. Ramstetter & Henry Wai-Chung Yeung, 1998. "Accounting for Outward Direct Investment from Hong Kong and Singapore: Who Controls What?," NBER Chapters, in: Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting, pages 139-172 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary H., 2012. "Testing for horizontal and vertical foreign investment spillovers in China, 1998–2007," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 234-243.
- Robert E. Baldwin & Robert E. Lipsey & J. David Richards, 1998. "Geography and Ownership as Bases for Economic Accounting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bald98-1, June.
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2009. "Understanding bilateral FDI flows in developing Asia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(2), pages 73-93, November.
- Luosha Du & Ann Harrison & Gary Jefferson, 2011.
"FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays,"
NBER Working Papers
16767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Du, Luosha & Harrison, Ann & Jefferson, Gary, 2014. "FDI Spillovers and Industrial Policy: The Role of Tariffs and Tax Holidays," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 366-383.
- Peter A. Petri, 2010.
"The Determinants of Bilateral FDI: Is Asia Different?,"
12, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Petri, Peter A., 2012. "The determinants of bilateral FDI: Is Asia different?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 201-209.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Mehmet Genc, 2008. "Transforming disadvantages into advantages: developing-country MNEs in the least developed countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(6), pages 957-979, September.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Fredrik Sjöholm & Jing Sun, 2010.
"Foreign Ownership and Employment Growth in Indonesian Manufacturing,"
NBER Working Papers
15936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik & Lipsey, Robert E. & Sun, Jing, 2010. "Foreign Ownership and Employment Growth in Indonesian Manufacturing," Working Paper Series 831, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Abraham, Filip & Konings, Jozef & Slootmaekers, Veerle, 2007. "FDI Spillovers in the Chinese Manufacturing Sector: Evidence of firm heterogeneity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xu, Xinpeng & Sheng, Yu, 2012. "Are FDI spillovers regional? Firm-level evidence from China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 244-258.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbadr:2729. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Susan M. Torres)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.