Media clusters and metropolitan knowledge economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- McCann, Philip, 2001. "Urban and Regional Economics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198776451.
- Hikaru Ogawa, 2000. "Spatial impact of information technology development," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(4), pages 537-551.
- Høgni Kalsø, Hansen & Vang, Jan & Asheim, Bjørn, 2005. "The Creative Class and Regional Growth: Towards a Knowledge Based Approach," Papers in Innovation Studies 2005/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Storper, Michael & Harrison, Bennett, 1991. "Flexibility, hierarchy and regional development: The changing structure of industrial production systems and their forms of governance in the 1990s," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 407-422, October.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2006.
"Smart Cities: Quality of Life, Productivity, and the Growth Effects of Human Capital,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 324-335, May.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2005. "Smart Cities: Quality of Life, Productivity, and the Growth Effects of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 11615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oecd, 2001. "Understanding the Digital Divide," OECD Digital Economy Papers 49, OECD Publishing.
- Gaspar, Jess & Glaeser, Edward L., 1998.
"Information Technology and the Future of Cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 136-156, January.
- Jess Gaspar & Edward Glaeser, 1996. "Information Technology and the Future of Cities," NBER Working Papers 5562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jess Gaspar & Edward L. Glaeser, 1996. "Information Technology and the Future of Cities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1756, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefan Krätke, 2002. "Network Analysis of Production Clusters: The Potsdam/Babelsberg Film Industry as an Example," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002. "An Economic Approach to Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, June.
- Anthony Venables, 2001.
"Geography and International Inequalities: The Impact of New Technologies,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 135-159, June.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "Geography and International Inequalities: the Impact of New Technologies," CEP Discussion Papers dp0507, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Johansson, Börje & Stough, Roger, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and Development - local processes and global patterns," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 160, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Glaeser, Edward L & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1992.
"Growth in Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1126-1152, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991. "Growth in Cities," NBER Working Papers 3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Kallal, Hedi D. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1992. "Growth in Cities," Scholarly Articles 3451309, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2004.
"Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 351-370, August.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2003. "Buzz: Face-to-Face Contact and the Urban Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0598, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Storper, Michael & Venables, Anthony J., 2003. "Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20008, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Freeman, Chris, 1995. "The 'National System of Innovation' in Historical Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 5-24, February.
- James Simmie, 2002. "Trading Places: Competitive Cities in the Global Economy," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 201-214, March.
- Stefan Krätke, 2003. "Global Media Cities in a World-wide Urban Network," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 605-628, September.
- Sahal, Devendra, 1985. "Technological guideposts and innovation avenues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 61-82, April.
- Charlie Karlsson & Börje Johansson & Roger R. Stough (ed.), 2005. "Industrial Clusters and Inter-Firm Networks," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3577.
- Simone Ferriani & Raffaele Corrado & Carlo Boschetti, 2005. "Organizational Learning under Organizational Impermanence: Collaborative Ties in Film Project Firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 9(3), pages 257-285, September.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Jorg Sydow & Udo Staber, 2002. "The Institutional Embeddedness of Project Networks: The Case of Content Production in German Television," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 215-227.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1963. "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840–1910," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(04), pages 414-443, December.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Jason Potts & Stuart Cunningham, 2010. "Four models of the creative industries," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 120(1), pages 163-180.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Daniel Piazolo, 2001. "The Digital Divide," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(3), pages 29-34, October.
- Allen J. Scott, 2000. "The Cultural Economy of Paris," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 554-566, September.
- Charlie Karlsson (ed.), 2008. "Handbook of Research on Cluster Theory," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3942.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Naresh Pandit & Gary Cook & G. M. P. Swann, 2002. "A Comparison of Clustering Dynamics in the British Broadcasting and Financial Services Industries," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 195-224.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, January.
- Sylvia Chan-Olmsted & Byeng-Hee Chang, 2003. "Diversification Strategy of Global Media Conglomerates: Examining Its Patterns and Determinants," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 213-233.
- Alex Burfitt & Stewart Macneill, 2008. "The Challenges of Pursuing Cluster Policy in the Congested State," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 492-505, June.
- Almeida, Paul & Kogut, Bruce, 1997. "The Exploration of Technological Diversity and the Geographic Localization of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 21-31, February.
- Harald Bathelt, 2005. "Cluster Relations in the Media Industry: Exploring the 'Distanced Neighbour' Paradox in Leipzig," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 105-127.
- Jorge Ferrando & Jean J. Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 2008. "Intermarket network externalities and competition: An application to the media industry," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(3), pages 357-379.
- Markus M. Bugge, 2011. "Jacobian Cluster Mutation Across Advertising And Internet‐Based Market Communication," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 102(5), pages 515-531, December.
- Ann-Katrin Backlund & Åke Sandberg, 2002. "New Media Industry Development: Regions, Networks and Hierarchies - Some Policy Implications," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 87-91.
More about this item
Keywordsclustering; media industry; agglomeration; weightless economy; creative industry; globalization; regional development;
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-11-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CUL-2013-11-02 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2013-11-02 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-KNM-2013-11-02 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-URE-2013-11-02 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .