Endogenous Job Destructions and the Distribution of Wages
In this paper, we argue that ¯ring decisions of ¯rms can help ex- plain the shape of the wage distribution. To emphasize this result, we consider a matching model with both idiosyncratic productivity shocks that hit jobs and heterogeneity of workers according to ex ante unob- servable abilities. Computation experiments show that the model can generate a hump-shaped wage distribution despite assuming a uniform distribution of shocks and a Pareto distribution of abilities.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00812095|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andolfatto, David, 1996. "Business Cycles and Labor-Market Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 112-32, March.
- Fabien Postel-Vinay & Jean-Marc Robin, 2002.
"Equilibrium Wage Dispersion with Worker and Employer Heterogeneity,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Fabien Postel-Vinay & Jean-Marc Robin, 2002. "Equilibrium Wage Dispersion with Worker and Employer Heterogeneity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2295-2350, November.
- Postel-Vinay, Fabien & Robin, Jean-Marc, 2002. "Equilibrium Wage Dispersion with Worker and Employer Heterogeneity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Postel-Vinay & Robin, 2002. "Equilibrium wage dispersion with worker and employer heterogeneity," Working Papers 155908, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, August.
- Chéron, Arnaud & Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, François, 2008.
"Life-Cycle Equilibrium Unemployment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3396, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maite Blázquez & Marcel Jansen, 2005.
"Search, Mismatch and Unemployment,"
Labor and Demography
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00812095. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.