Les réseaux d'innovation public-privé dans les services (RIPPS) ne sont pas des réseaux d'innovation (RI) comme les autres : quels enseignements pour les politiques publiques ?
The concept of innovation network (IN) is a well-established one that has been the object of an extensive theoretical and empirical literature. Our subject in this paper is a particular kind of innovation network, as yet relatively unknown but which is developing against the background of economies dominated by service industries; we term them public-private innovation networks in services (ServPPINs). Such networks involve collaborations between public and private service organisations in the field of innovation. They differ from traditional INs in several ways. Firstly, the relations between the public actors and the private actors lie at the heart of the analysis. Secondly, service providers are the main actors in them. Finally, non-technological innovation (service innovation), which is often overlooked in the literature, is taken into account. This paper has a twofold purpose, in that it seeks to be both theoretical and operational. Its first objective is to examine the way in which the characteristics of ServPPINs can help to modify and enhance the traditional concept of IN, its second to draw any possible lessons there might be for public policy. The paper is based on both a literature survey and analysis of a database of ServPPINs case studies compiled in the course of the ServPPIN (Public Private Innovation Networks in Services) European project.
|Date of creation:||05 Jan 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00657601|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jon Sundbo & Faïz Gallouj, 1998.
"Innovation as a loosely coupled system in services,"
- Jon Sundbo & Faïz Gallouj, 2000. "Innovation as a loosely coupled system in services," Post-Print halshs-01114123, HAL.
- Jon Sundbo & Faïz Gallouj, 2000. "Innovation as a loosely coupled system in services," Post-Print halshs-01114106, HAL.
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- André TORRE, 2006. "Clusters Et Systèmes Locaux D'Innovation - Retour Critique Sur Les Hypothèses Naturalistes De Transmission Des Connaissances À L'Aide Des Catégories De L'Économie De La Proximité," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 24, pages 15-43.
- Marc-Hubert Depret & Abdelillah Hamdouch, 2009. "Clusters, réseaux d'innovation et dynamiques de proximité dans les secteurs high-tech. Une revue critique de la littérature récente," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(4), pages 21-52.
- Faïz Gallouj & Céline Merlin-Brogniart & Anne-Catherine Moursli-Provost, 2013. "Public–private partnerships in hospital innovation: what lessons for hospital management?," Chapters,in: Public–Private Innovation Networks in Services, chapter 11, pages 265-302 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Faïz Gallouj & Céline Merlin-Brogniart & Anne-Catherine Provost, 2010. "Public-private partnerships in hospital innovation: what lessons for hospital management?," Working Papers hal-01111793, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Céline Merlin-Brogniart & Anne-Catherine Provost, 2011. "Public–private partnerships in hospital innovation: what lessons for hospital management?," Post-Print halshs-01113976, HAL.
- Gallouj, Faiz & Weinstein, Olivier, 1997. "Innovation in services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 537-556, December.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002. "Innovation in the Service Economy: the New Wealth of Nations," Post-Print hal-01111977, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2002. "Innovation in the service economy: the new wealth of nations," Post-Print halshs-00198409, HAL.
- Lars Fuglsang, 2010. "Bricolage and invisible innovation in public service innovation," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 67-87.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2008. "Measuring and Improving Productivity in Services," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12734.
- Faïz Gallouj & Faridah Djellal (ed.), 2010. "The Handbook of Innovation and Services," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12872.
- Faïz Gallouj & Maria Savona, 2009. "Innovation in services: a review of the debate and a research agenda," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 149-172, April.
- Faïz Gallouj, 2009. "Innovation in services: a review of the debate and a research agenda," Post-Print halshs-01113912, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Maria Savona, 2009. "Innovation in services: a review of the debate and a research agenda," Post-Print halshs-01133781, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Maria Savona, 2009. "Innovation in services: A review of the debate and a research agenda," Working Papers hal-01111796, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2006. "Innovation, services, emplois," Post-Print halshs-00199647, HAL.
- P. Windrum, 2007. "Innovation in Services," Chapters,in: Elgar Companion to Neo-Schumpeterian Economics, chapter 39 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tether, Bruce S., 2002. "Who co-operates for innovation, and why: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 947-967, August.
- Sophie Béjean & Maryse Gadreau, 1997. "Concept de réseau et analyse des mutations récentes du système de santé," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 81(1), pages 77-97.
- Mary Bryna Sanger & Martin A. Levin, 1992. "Using old stuff in new ways: Innovation as a case of evolutionary tinkering," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 88-115.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1994. "Economie de l'innovation dans les services," Post-Print hal-01111989, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1991. "Les formes de l'innovation dans les services de conseil," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 57(1), pages 25-45.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2002. "Links and Impacts: The Influence of Public Research on Industrial R&D," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(1), pages 1-23, January.
- M. Ozman, 2009. "Inter-firm networks and innovation: a survey of literature," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 39-67.
- Tether, Bruce S. & Tajar, Abdelouahid, 2008. "Beyond industry-university links: Sourcing knowledge for innovation from consultants, private research organisations and the public science-base," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1079-1095, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00657601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.