A shared frailty semi-parametric markov renewal model for travel and activity time-use pattern analysis
This study investigates the influence of observed explanatory factors and unobserved random effect (heterogeneity) on episode durations of travel-activity chain. A shared frailty semiparametric proportional hazard model is proposed to estimate the transition hazard of travel/activity states. The proposed model is applied on the travel and activity episode duration analysis during evening work-to-home commute using the household travel survey data collected in the city of Lyon in France in 2005-2006. The empirical results provide useful insights for the determinants of travel and activity episode durations for evening work-to-home commute.
|Date of creation:||26 Apr 2010|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00477695|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chandra Bhat & Rajul Misra, 1999. "Discretionary activity time allocation of individuals between in-home and out-of-home and between weekdays and weekends," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 193-229, May.
- Tai-Yu Ma & Charles Raux & Eric Cornelis & Iragaël Joly, 2009. "multi-state non-homogeneous semi-markov model of daily activity type, timing and duration sequence," Post-Print halshs-00310900, HAL.
- Jong, Gerard De, 1996. "A disaggregate model system of vehicle holding duration, type choice and use," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 263-276, August.
- Lee, Backjin & Timmermans, Harry J.P., 2007. "A latent class accelerated hazard model of activity episode durations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 426-447, May.
- Han, Aaron & Hausman, Jerry A, 1990. "Flexible Parametric Estimation of Duration and Competing Risk Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, January-M.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 1996. "A hazard-based duration model of shopping activity with nonparametric baseline specification and nonparametric control for unobserved heterogeneity," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 189-207, June.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Frusti, Teresa & Zhao, Huimin & Schönfelder, Stefan & Axhausen, Kay W., 2004. "Intershopping duration: an analysis using multiweek data," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 39-60, January.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 1996. "A generalized multiple durations proportional hazard model with an application to activity behavior during the evening work-to-home commute," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 465-480, December.
- Ram Pendyala & Chandra Bhat, 2004. "An Exploration of the Relationship between Timing and Duration of Maintenance Activities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 429-456, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00477695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.