Risk aversion, the value of information and traffic equilibrium
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- André de Palma & Robin Lindsey & Nathalie Picard, 2012. "Risk Aversion, the Value of Information, and Traffic Equilibrium," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(1), pages 1-26, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard H. M. Emmerink & Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 1996. "Endogenising demand for information in road transport," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 30(2), pages 201-222.
- Lam, Terence C. & Small, Kenneth A., 0.
"The value of time and reliability: measurement from a value pricing experiment,"
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 231-251, April.
- Lam, T.C. & Small, K.A., 2000. "The Value of Time and Reliability: Measurement from a Value Pricing Experiment," Papers 00-02, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Lam, Terence C. & Small, Kenneth A., 2003. "The Value of Time and Reliability: Measurement from a Value Pricing Experiment," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt47s4z7z5, University of California Transportation Center.
- Zhang, Rong & Verhoef, Erik T., 2006.
"A monopolistic market for advanced traveller information systems and road use efficiency,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 424-443, June.
- Rong Zhang & Erik T. Verhoef, 2004. "A Monopolistic Market for Advanced Traveller Information Systems and Road Use Efficiency," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-014/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Robin Lindsey & Andre de Palma, 1998. "Information and Usage of Congestible Facilities Under Different Pricing Regimes," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 666-692, August.
- Lo, Hong K. & Szeto, W. Y., 2002. "A methodology for sustainable traveler information services," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 113-130, February.
- Emmerink, Richard H M, et al, 1998. "Information Effects in Transport with Stochastic Capacity and Uncertainty Costs," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(1), pages 89-110, February.
- Brownstone, David & Small, Kenneth A., 2005.
"Valuing time and reliability: assessing the evidence from road pricing demonstrations,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 279-293, May.
- Brownstone, David & Small, Kenneth A., 2003. "Valuing Time and Reliability: Assessing the Evidence from Road Pricing Demonstrations," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt95z0p35k, University of California Transportation Center.
- Kenneth A. Small & Clifford Winston & Jia Yan, 2005. "Uncovering the Distribution of Motorists' Preferences for Travel Time and Reliability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1367-1382, July.
- Richard Arnott & Andre De Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1993. "Information And Usage Of Free-Access Congestible Facilities," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 238, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andre Palma & Moshe Ben-Akiva & David Brownstone & Charles Holt & Thierry Magnac & Daniel McFadden & Peter Moffatt & Nathalie Picard & Kenneth Train & Peter Wakker & Joan Walker, 2008.
"Risk, uncertainty and discrete choice models,"
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 269-285, December.
- André de Palma & Moshe Ben-Akiva & David Brownstone & Charles Holt & Thierry Magnac & Daniel McFadden & Peter Moffatt & Nathalie Picard & Kenneth Train & Peter Wakker & Joan Walker, 2008. "Risk, Uncertainty and Discrete Choice Models," THEMA Working Papers 2008-02, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Kobayashi, Kiyoshi, 1994. "Information, Rational Expectations and Network Equilibria--An Analytical Perspective for Route Guidance Systems," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 28(4), pages 369-393, December.
- Simon P. Anderson & André de Palma, 2009. "Information congestion," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(4), pages 688-709.
- de Palma, André & Picard, Nathalie, 2005. "Route choice decision under travel time uncertainty," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 295-324, May.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1971. "The Private and Social Value of Information and the Reward to Inventive Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(4), pages 561-574, September.
- Yang, Hai, 1998. "Multiple equilibrium behaviors and advanced traveler information systems with endogenous market penetration," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 205-218, April.
- Caspar G. Chorus & Eric J. E. Molin & Bert Van Wee, 2005. "Use and Effects of Advanced Traveller Information Services (ATIS): A Review of the Literature," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 127-149, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Lindsey, Robin, 2013. "Trip-timing decisions with traffic incidents," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 764-782.
- Wijayaratna, Kasun P. & Dixit, Vinayak V., 2016. "Impact of information on risk attitudes: Implications on valuation of reliability and information," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 16-34.
- Bifulco, Gennaro N. & Cantarella, Giulio E. & Simonelli, Fulvio & Velonà, Pietro, 2016. "Advanced traveller information systems under recurrent traffic conditions: Network equilibrium and stability," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 92(PA), pages 73-87.
More about this item
KeywordsTransportation; route choice; information provision; expected utility; congestion;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2009-03-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-ICT-2009-03-22 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-URE-2009-03-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00349492. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.