Sincere, strategic, and heuristic voting under four election rules: An experimental study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-François Laslier, 2004. "Strategic Approval Voting in a large electorate," Working Papers hal-00242909, HAL.
- Virginie Béhue & Pierre Favardin & Dominique Lepelley, 2009.
"La manipulation stratégique des règles de vote : une étude expérimentale,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 75(4), pages 503-516.
- Virginie Béhue & Pierre Favardin & Dominique Lepelley, 2009. "La manipulation stratégique des règles de vote : une étude expérimentale," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2009044, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Virginie Béhue & Pierre Favardin & Dominique Lepelley, 2010. "La manipulation stratégique des règles de vote : une étude expérimentale," Post-Print hal-01243465, HAL.
- Robert Forsythe, 1991.
"An Experiment on Coordination in Multi-Candidate Elections: The Importance of Polls and Election Histories,"
962, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Forsythe, R. & Myerson, R. & Rietz, T. & Weber, R., 1991. "An Experiment on Coordination in Multi-Candidate Elections: The Importance of Polls and Election Histories," Working Papers 91-31, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Myerson, Roger B. & Weber, Robert J., 1993. "A Theory of Voting Equilibria," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 87(1), pages 102-114, March.
- André Blais & Simon Labbé-St-Vincent & Jean-François Laslier & Nicolas Sauger & Karine van der Straeten, 2008. "Vote choice in one round and two round elections," Working Papers hal-00335060, HAL.
- Alvarez, R. Michael & Nagler, Jonathan, 2000. "A New Approach for Modelling Strategic Voting in Multiparty Elections," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 57-75, January.
- Jean-François Laslier & Karine Straeten, 2008. "A live experiment on approval voting," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 11(1), pages 97-105, March.
- André Blais, 2002. "Why Is there So Little Strategic Voting in Canadian Plurality Rule Elections?," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 50(3), pages 445-454, August.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Fisher, Stephen D., 2004. "Definition and Measurement of Tactical Voting: The Role of Rational Choice," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 152-166, January.
- André Blais & Jean-François Laslier & Annie Laurent & Nicolas Sauger & Karine van der Straeten, 2007. "One Round versus Two Round Elections: An Experimental Study," Working Papers hal-00243055, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsvoting behavior.; comportement de vote; Elections; comportement de vote.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2009-03-28 (Collective Decision-Making)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00335046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.