Risk-sharing or risk-taking? Counterparty-risk, incentives and margins
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Bruno Biais & Florian Heider & Marie Hoerova, 2016. "Risk-Sharing or Risk-Taking? Counterparty Risk, Incentives, and Margins," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 71(4), pages 1669-1698, August.
- Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie & Biais, Bruno, 2012. "Risk-sharing or risk-taking? Counterparty risk, incentives and margins," Working Paper Series 1413, European Central Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Ellul & Vijay Yerramilli, 2010.
"Stronger Risk Controls, Lower Risk: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies,"
NBER Chapters, in: Market Institutions and Financial Market Risk,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Ellul & Vijay Yerramilli, 2010. "Stronger Risk Controls, Lower Risk: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies," NBER Working Papers 16178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Ellul & Vijay Yerramilli, 2010. "Stronger Risk Controls, Lower Risk: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies," FMG Discussion Papers dp646, Financial Markets Group.
- Bruno Biais & Catherine Casamatta, 1999. "Optimal Leverage and Aggregate Investment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(4), pages 1291-1323, August.
- Christine A. Parlour & Guillaume Plantin, 2008. "Loan Sales and Relationship Banking," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1291-1314, June.
- Stephens, Eric & Thompson, James R., 2014. "CDS as insurance: Leaky lifeboats in stormy seas," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 279-299.
- Acharya, Viral & Bisin, Alberto, 2014.
"Counterparty risk externality: Centralized versus over-the-counter markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 153-182.
- Viral V. Acharya & Alberto Bisin, 2011. "Counterparty Risk Externality: Centralized Versus Over-the-counter Markets," NBER Working Papers 17000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viral Acharya & Alberto Bisin, 2011. "Counterparty risk externality: Centralized versus over-the-counter markets," 2011 Meeting Papers 618, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- James R. Thompson, 2010. "Counterparty Risk in Financial Contracts: Should the Insured Worry About the Insurer?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(3), pages 1195-1252.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bellia, Mario & Panzica, Roberto & Pelizzon, Loriana & Peltonen, Tuomas A., 2017.
"The demand for central clearing: to clear or not to clear, that is the question,"
ESRB Working Paper Series
62, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Bellia, Mario & Girardi, Giulio & Panzica, Roberto & Pelizzon, Loriana & Peltonen, Tuomas, 2019. "The demand for central clearing: To clear or not to clear, that is the question," SAFE Working Paper Series 193, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Bignon, Vincent & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2016. "The Failure of a Clearinghouse: Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 11630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cyril Monnet & Thomas Nellen, 2014. "The Collateral Costs of Clearing," Working Papers 2014-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Augustin, Patrick & Subrahmanyam, Marti G. & Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Wang, Sarah Qian, 2014. "Credit Default Swaps: A Survey," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 9(1-2), pages 1-196, December.
- Kubitza, Christian & Pelizzon, Loriana & Getmansky, Mila, 2018.
"The pitfalls of central clearing in the presence of systematic risk,"
ICIR Working Paper Series
31/18, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Kubitza, Christian & Pelizzon, Loriana & Getmansky Sherman, Mila, 2019. "Pitfalls of central clearing in the presence of systematic risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 235, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2018. "Completing Markets with Contracts: Evidence from the First Central Clearing Counterparty," CEPR Discussion Papers 13230, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cenedese, Gino & Ranaldo, Angelo & Vasios, Michalis, 2020. "OTC premia," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 86-105.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Matteo Piazza, 2018. "Always look on the bright side? Central counterparties and interbank markets during the financial crisis," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1181, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Corradin, Stefano & Heider, Florian & Hoerova, Marie, 2017. "On collateral: implications for financial stability and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 2107, European Central Bank.
- repec:ecb:ecbrbu:2017:0041:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rosenthal, Dale W.R., 2009. "Market structure, counterparty risk, and systemic risk," MPRA Paper 36786, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2011.
- Dimitri Vayanos & Jiang Wang, 2012. "Market Liquidity - Theory and Empirical Evidence," FMG Discussion Papers dp709, Financial Markets Group.
- Cyril Monnet & Francesca Carapella, 2013.
"Dealers' Insurance, Market Structure And Liquidity,"
2013 Meeting Papers
1144, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Francesca Carapella & Cyril Monnet, 2017. "Dealers' Insurance, Market Structure, And Liquidity," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-119, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gündüz, Yalin, 2018. "Mitigating counterparty risk," Discussion Papers 35/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Heider, Florian, 2017. "Collateral, central clearing counterparties and regulation," Research Bulletin, European Central Bank, vol. 41.
- Capponi, Agostino & Frei, Christoph & Celso Brunetti, 2017. "Managing Counterparty Risk in OTC Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-083, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 25 Oct 2018.
- Stephens, Eric & Thompson, James R., 2017. "Information asymmetry and risk transfer markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 88-99.
- Yuji Sakurai & Tetsuo Kurosaki, 2020. "A simulation analysis of systemic counterparty risk in over-the-counter derivatives markets," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 15(1), pages 243-281, January.
- Wenqian Huang & Albert Menkveld & Shihao Yu, 2019. "Central counterparty exposure in stressed markets," BIS Working Papers 833, Bank for International Settlements.
- Thorsten V. Koeppl, 2013. "The Limits Of Central Counterparty Clearing: Collusive Moral Hazard And Market Liquidity," Working Paper 1312, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Biais, B. & Heider, F. & Hoerova, M., 2013. "Incentive compatible centralised clearing," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 17, pages 161-168, April.
More about this item
KeywordsAsymmetric and Private Information Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages Insurance; Insurance Companies;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-01520953. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.