A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1991. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 3906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1991. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 233, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, David D. & Li, Shan, 1999. "An agency theory of the bankruptcy law," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Honohan, Patrick*Vittas, Dimitri, 1996. "Bank regulation and the network paradigm : policy implications for developing and transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1631, The World Bank.
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1995.
"Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy, and Growth under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(s1), pages 163-194, November.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1995. "Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy and Growth Under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1995. "Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy and Growth under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation," NBER Working Papers 5120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver D. Hart & John Moore, 1994.
"The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 215-244
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," CEP Discussion Papers dp0093, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Aghion, P. & Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," Working papers 92-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Working Papers 4097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Moore, John, 1997. "Credit Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 211-248, April.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1996.
"The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," Working Papers 94-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," NBER Working Papers 4789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Gilchrist & Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1994. "The financial accelerator and the flight to quality," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hale, Galina B & Razin, Assaf & Tong, Hui, 2007. "Creditor Protection and Stock Price Volatility," CEPR Discussion Papers 6540, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martel, Jocelyn, 1996. "Solutions au stress financier," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(1), pages 51-78, mars.
- Vincente Cuñat, 2000.
"Trade Credit: Suppliers as Debt Collectors and Insurance Providers,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp365, Financial Markets Group.
- Vicente Cuñat, 2002. "Trade credit: Suppliers as debt collectors and insurance providers," Economics Working Papers 625, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2004.
- Jocelyn Martel, 1996. "Solutions au stress financier : Un survol de la littérature," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-03, CIRANO.
- Dachraoui, K. & Dionne, G., 1999.
"Capital Structure and Compensation Policies,"
Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-
99-03, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques..
- K. Dachraoui & G. Dionne, 1999. "Capital structures and compensation policies," THEMA Working Papers 99-28, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Dachraoui, K. & Dionne, G., 1999. "Capital Structures and Compensation Policies," Papers 99-28, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Mariarosa Scarlata & Luisa Alemany, 2010. "Deal Structuring in Philanthropic Venture Capital Investments: Financing Instrument, Valuation and Covenants," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 121-145, September.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1997.
"Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(3), pages 661-691.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," CRSP working papers 322, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1996. "Trade Credit: Theories and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 2007. "Credit Traps and Credit Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 503-516, March.
- Brandon Julio & Woojin Kim & Michael Weisbach, 2007.
"What Determines the Structure of Corporate Debt Issues?,"
NBER Working Papers
13706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julio, Brandon & Kim, Woojin & Weisbach, Michael S., 2008. "What Determines the Structure of Corporate Debt Issues?," Working Paper Series 2008-11, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1994. "Corporate capital structure: the control roles of bank and public debt with taxes and costly bankruptcy," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 11-37.
- Jyrki Niskanen & Mervi Niskanen, 2006. "The Determinants of Corporate Trade Credit Policies in a Bank-dominated Financial Environment: the Case of Finnish Small Firms," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(1), pages 81-102.
More about this item
Keywordscontracts ; debt ; investments;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mit:worpap:592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Linda Woodbury). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmitus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.