Fuzzy measures and integrals in MCDA
This chapter aims at a unified presentation of various methods of MCDA based onfuzzy measures (capacity) and fuzzy integrals, essentially the Choquet andSugeno integral. A first section sets the position of the problem ofmulticriteria decision making, and describes the various possible scales ofmeasurement (difference, ratio, and ordinal). Then a whole section is devotedto each case in detail: after introducing necessary concepts, the methodologyis described, and the problem of the practical identification of fuzzy measuresis given. The important concept of interaction between criteria, central inthis chapter, is explained in details. It is shown how it leads to k-additivefuzzy measures. The case of bipolar scales leads to thegeneral model based on bi-capacities, encompassing usual models based oncapacities. A general definition of interaction for bipolar scales isintroduced. The case of ordinal scales leads to the use of Sugeno integral, andits symmetrized version when one considers symmetric ordinal scales. Apractical methodology for the identification of fuzzy measures in this contextis given. Lastly, we give a short description of some practical applications.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis, Kluwer Academic Publishers (Ed.), 2004, 563-608|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00268985/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. " Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2002.
"The symmetric and asymmetric Choquet integrals on finite spaces for decision making,"
Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2002. "The Symmetric and Asymmetric Choquet integrals on finite spaces fordecision making," Post-Print halshs-00273184, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche & Jean-Claude Vansnick, 2003.
"On the Extension of Pseudo-Boolean Functions for the Aggregation of Interacting Criteria,"
- Grabisch, Michel & Labreuche, Christophe & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2003. "On the extension of pseudo-Boolean functions for the aggregation of interacting criteria," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 28-47, July.
- Grabisch, M. & Roubens, M., 1998.
"An Axiomatic Approach to the Concept of Interaction Among Players in Cooperative Games,"
Liege - Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie
9818, UNIVERSITE DE LIEGE, Faculte d'economie, de gestion et de sciences sociales, Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie.
- Marc Roubens & Michel Grabisch, 1999. "An axiomatic approach to the concept of interaction among players in cooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 547-565.
- Pedro Miranda & Michel Grabisch & Pedro Gil, 2002. "p-symmetric fuzzy measures," Post-Print hal-00273960, HAL.
- Christophe Labreuche & Michel Grabisch, 2003. "The Choquet integral for the aggregation of interval scales in multicriteria decision making," Post-Print hal-00272090, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Pedro Miranda, 2004. "p-symmetric bi-capacities," Post-Print halshs-00188173, HAL.
- MoshÊ Machover & Dan S. Felsenthal, 1997. "Ternary Voting Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 335-351.
- Dieter Denneberg & Michel Grabisch, 2004. "Measure and integral with purely ordinal scales," Post-Print hal-00272078, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Jacques Duchêne & Frédéric Lino & Patrice Perny, 2002. "Subjective Evaluation of Discomfort in Sitting Position," Post-Print halshs-00273179, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch, 2003. "The Symmetric Sugeno Integral," Post-Print hal-00272084, HAL.
- Dubois, Didier & Prade, Henri & Sabbadin, Regis, 2001. "Decision-theoretic foundations of qualitative possibility theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 128(3), pages 459-478, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00268985. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.