A review of methods for capacity identification in Choquet integral based multi-attribute utility theory: Applications of the Kappalab R package
The application of multi-attribute utility theory whose aggregation process is based on the Choquet integral requires the prior identification of a capacity. The main approaches to capacity identification proposed in the literature are reviewed and their advantages and inconveniences are discussed. All the reviewed methods have been implemented within the Kappalab R package. Their application is illustrated on a detailed example.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, 2008, 186 (2), pp.766-785. <10.1016/j.ejor.2007.02.025>|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00187175|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fujimoto, Katsushige & Kojadinovic, Ivan & Marichal, Jean-Luc, 2006. "Axiomatic characterizations of probabilistic and cardinal-probabilistic interaction indices," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 72-99, April.
- Marichal, Jean-Luc & Roubens, Marc, 2000. "Determination of weights of interacting criteria from a reference set," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 124(3), pages 641-650, August.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Jaffray, Jean-Yves, 1989.
"Some characterizations of lower probabilities and other monotone capacities through the use of Mobius inversion,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 263-283, June.
- Alain Chateauneuf & Jean-Yves Jaffray, 2008. "Some Characterizations of Lower Probabilities and Other Monotone Capacities through the Use of Mobius Inversion," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00649208, HAL.
- Marc Roubens & Michel Grabisch, 1999.
"An axiomatic approach to the concept of interaction among players in cooperative games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(4), pages 547-565.
- Grabisch, M. & Roubens, M., 1998. "An Axiomatic Approach to the Concept of Interaction Among Players in Cooperative Games," Liege - Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie 9818, UNIVERSITE DE LIEGE, Faculte d'economie, de gestion et de sciences sociales, Groupe d'Etude des Mathematiques du Management et de l'Economie.
- Christophe Labreuche & Michel Grabisch, 2003. "The Choquet integral for the aggregation of interval scales in multicriteria decision making," Post-Print hal-00272090, HAL.
- Marichal, Jean-Luc, 2004. "Tolerant or intolerant character of interacting criteria in aggregation by the Choquet integral," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(3), pages 771-791, June.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche, 2004. "Fuzzy measures and integrals in MCDA," Post-Print halshs-00268985, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Christophe Labreuche & Jean-Claude Vansnick, 2003.
"On the Extension of Pseudo-Boolean Functions for the Aggregation of Interacting Criteria,"
- Grabisch, Michel & Labreuche, Christophe & Vansnick, Jean-Claude, 2003. "On the extension of pseudo-Boolean functions for the aggregation of interacting criteria," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 28-47, July.
- Kojadinovic, Ivan, 2007. "Minimum variance capacity identification," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 498-514, February.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Karatzoglou, Alexandros & Smola, Alexandros & Hornik, Kurt & Zeileis, Achim, 2004. "kernlab - An S4 Package for Kernel Methods in R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 11(i09).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00187175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.