Consensus reaching in committees
In this paper, we apply a consensus model to decision-making in committees that have to choose one or more alternatives from a set of alternatives. The model does not use a voting rule nor a set of winning coalitions. Every decision maker evaluates each alternative with respect to given criteria. The criteria may be of unequal importance to a decision maker. Decision makers may be advised by a chairman to adjust their preferences, i.e., to change their evaluation of some alternative(s) or/and the importance of the criteria, in order to obtain a better consensus. The consensus result should satisfy constraints concerning the consensus degree and the ma jority degree. A simple example is presented.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, 2007, 178 (1), pp.185-193|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00159838|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brams, Steven J., 1994.
Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,
in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 30, pages 1055-1089
- Nurmi, Hannu, 2005. "Aggregation problems in policy evaluation: an overview," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 287-300, June.
- Steven Brams & Michael Jones & D. Kilgour, 2005.
"Forming stable coalitions: The process matters,"
Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 67-94, July.
- Carlsson, Christer & Ehrenberg, Dieter & Eklund, Patrik & Fedrizzi, Mario & Gustafsson, Patrik & Lindholm, Paul & Merkuryeva, Galina & Riissanen, Tony & G.S. Ventre, Aldo, 1992. "Consensus in distributed soft environments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1-2), pages 165-185, August.
- Steven Brams & D. Kilgour & M. Sanver, 2007. "A minimax procedure for electing committees," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 401-420, September.
- Laruelle, Annick & Valenciano, Federico, 2008. "Noncooperative foundations of bargaining power in committees and the Shapley-Shubik index," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 341-353, May.
- Yoram Wind & Thomas L. Saaty, 1980. "Marketing Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 641-658, July.
- Roubens, Marc & Rusinowska, Agnieszka & de Swart, Harrie, 2006. "Using MACBETH to determine utilities of governments to parties in coalition formation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 588-603, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00159838. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.