An outranking-based general approach to solving group multi-objective optimization problems
This paper presents a general approach to solving multi-objective programming problems with multiple decision makers. The proposal is based on optimizing a bi-objective measure of “collective satisfaction”. Group satisfaction is understood as a reasonable balance between the strengths of an agreeing and an opposing coalition, considering also the number of decision makers not belonging to any of these coalitions. Accepting the vagueness of “collective satisfaction”, even the vagueness of “person satisfaction”, fuzzy outranking relations and other fuzzy logic models are used.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Espin, Rafael & Fernandez, Eduardo & Mazcorro, Gustavo & Lecich, Maria Ines, 2007. "A fuzzy approach to cooperative n-person games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(3), pages 1735-1751, February.
- Mousseau, Vincent & Dias, Luis, 2004. "Valued outranking relations in ELECTRE providing manageable disaggregation procedures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 467-482, July.
- Liu, Fang & Zhang, Wei-Guo & Wang, Zhong-Xing, 2012. "A goal programming model for incomplete interval multiplicative preference relations and its application in group decision-making," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(3), pages 747-754.
- Fu, Chao & Yang, Shanlin, 2011. "An attribute weight based feedback model for multiple attributive group decision analysis problems with group consensus requirements in evidential reasoning context," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 179-189, July.
- Chuu, Shian-Jong, 2011. "Interactive group decision-making using a fuzzy linguistic approach for evaluating the flexibility in a supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(1), pages 279-289, August.
- Costa, Joao P. & Melo, Paulo & Godinho, Pedro & Dias, Luis C., 2003. "The AGAP system: A GDSS for project analysis and evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(2), pages 287-303, March.
- Agnieszka Rusinowska & Patrik Eklund & Harrie De Swart, 2007.
"Consensus reaching in committees,"
- Eduardo Fernandez & Sergio Bernal & Jorge Navarro & Rafael Olmedo, 2010. "An outranking-based fuzzy logic model for collaborative group preferences," TOP- An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 18(2), pages 444-464, December.
- Chiclana, F. & Herrera-Viedma, E. & Herrera, F. & Alonso, S., 2007. "Some induced ordered weighted averaging operators and their use for solving group decision-making problems based on fuzzy preference relations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 383-399, October.
- Matsatsinis, Nikolaos F. & Samaras, Andreas P., 2001. "MCDA and preference disaggregation in group decision support systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(2), pages 414-429, April.
- Morais, Danielle C. & de Almeida, Adiel Teixeira, 2012. "Group decision making on water resources based on analysis of individual rankings," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 42-52, January.
- Laura Frigotto & Alessandro Rossi, 2007. "Diversity and Communication in Teams: Improving Problem Solving or Creating Confusion?," ROCK Working Papers 038, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 13 Jun 2008.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans & Cathy Macharis, 1998. "The GDSS PROMETHEE procedure: a PROMETHEE-GAIA based procedure for group decision support," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9373, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fu, Chao & Yang, Shan-Lin, 2010. "The group consensus based evidential reasoning approach for multiple attributive group decision analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(3), pages 601-608, November.
- Dong, Yucheng & Xu, Yinfeng & Li, Hongyi & Feng, Bo, 2010. "The OWA-based consensus operator under linguistic representation models using position indexes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 455-463, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:225:y:2013:i:3:p:497-506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.