Evaluation of the results of multi-attribute group decision-making with linguistic information
Multi-attribute group decision-making (MAGDM) has received increasing attentions in both engineering and economy fields. Correspondingly, many valuable methods have been developed to solve various MAGDM problems, but relatively, very few research results focus on the evaluation of the effect of MAGDM. In this paper, based on the existing MAGDM methods with linguistic information, three key evaluation indices, consistency, closeness and uniformity, are proposed to measure the results of MAGDM from different aspects. By comparing the individual overall preference values with the collective ones, the three indices cannot only provide a reference for judging the decision-making effect of each decision maker, but also reflect the effect of group decision-making to a certain extent. The practicality and effectiveness of the proposed method are shown by two heuristic examples. Furthermore, the proposed method will be helpful for setting and adjusting the weights of both attributes and decision makers, as well as for selecting and comparing various aggregation operators and methods in dynamic or interactive group decision-making.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peng, Yi & Kou, Gang & Wang, Guoxun & Shi, Yong, 2011. "FAMCDM: A fusion approach of MCDM methods to rank multiclass classification algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 677-689, December.
- Greco, Salvatore & Matarazzo, Benedetto & Slowinski, Roman, 2001. "Rough sets theory for multicriteria decision analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 1-47, February.
- Hatami-Marbini, Adel & Tavana, Madjid, 2011.
"An extension of the Electre I method for group decision-making under a fuzzy environment,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 373-386, August.
- HATAMI-MARBINI, Adel & TAVANA, Madjid, "undated". "An extension of the Electre I method for group decision-making under a fuzzy environment," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2278, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Yeh, Chung-Hsing & Chang, Yu-Hern, 2009. "Modeling subjective evaluation for fuzzy group multicriteria decision making," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 464-473, April.
- Ma, Li-Ching, 2012. "Screening alternatives graphically by an extended case-based distance approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 96-103, January.
- Barker, Theresa J. & Zabinsky, Zelda B., 2011. "A multicriteria decision making model for reverse logistics using analytical hierarchy process," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 558-573, October.
- Franco, L. Alberto & Lord, Ewan, 2011. "Understanding multi-methodology: Evaluating the perceived impact of mixing methods for group budgetary decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 362-372, June.
- Morais, Danielle C. & de Almeida, Adiel Teixeira, 2012. "Group decision making on water resources based on analysis of individual rankings," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 42-52, January.
- Greco, Salvatore & Matarazzo, Benedetto & Slowinski, Roman, 2002. "Rough sets methodology for sorting problems in presence of multiple attributes and criteria," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 247-259, April.
- Wang, Reay-Chen & Chuu, Shian-Jong, 2004. "Group decision-making using a fuzzy linguistic approach for evaluating the flexibility in a manufacturing system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(3), pages 563-572, May.
- Fu, Chao & Yang, Shan-Lin, 2010. "The group consensus based evidential reasoning approach for multiple attributive group decision analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(3), pages 601-608, November.
- Xu, Zeshui, 2005. "Deviation measures of linguistic preference relations in group decision making," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 249-254, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:40:y:2012:i:3:p:294-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.