Will Japan's Current Account Turn to Deficit?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul R. Masson & Ralph W. Tryon, 1990.
"Macroeconomic Effects of Projected Population Aging in Industrial Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(3), pages 453-485, September.
- Paul R Masson & Ralph W. Tryon, 1990. "Macroeconomic Effects of Prelected Population Aging in Industrial Countries," IMF Working Papers 90/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Horioka, Charles Yuji, 1995. "Is Japan's Household Saving Rate Really High?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 41(4), pages 373-397, December.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1981.
"Macroeconomic Policy, Exchange-Rate Dynamics, and Optimal Asset Accumulation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1142-1161, December.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1980. "Macroeconomic Policy, Exchange-Rate Dynamics, and Optimal Asset Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 0599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taniuchi, Mitsuru, 1997. "Recent developments in Japan's financial sector: Bad loans and financial deregulation," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 225-244.
- Adams, F. Gerard & Gangnes, Byron, 1996.
"Japan's persistent trade surplus: Policies for adjustment,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 309-333, September.
- Byron Gangnes & F. Gerard Adams, 1994. "Japan's Persistent Trade Surplus: Policies for Adjustment," Working Papers 199404, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Takatoshi Ito & Michael Melvin, "undated". "The Political Economy of Japan's Big Bang," Working Papers 2132866, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Maddison, Angus, 1992. " A Long-Run Perspective on Saving," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 181-196.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1998. "It's Baaack: Japan's Slump and the Return of the Liquidity Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 137-206.
- Kouri, Pentti J K, 1976. " The Exchange Rate and the Balance of Payments in the Short Run and in the Long Run: A Monetary Approach," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 280-304.
- Steven A. Symansky & Peter S. Heller, 1997. "Implications for Savings of Aging in the Asian “Tigers”," IMF Working Papers 97/136, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Robert P. Hagemann & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 1989. "The Economic Dynamics of an Ageing Population: The Case of Four OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 62, OECD Publishing.
- Razin, A., 1993.
"The Dynamic-Optimizing Approach to the Current Account: Theory and Evidence,"
2-93, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Assaf Razin, 1993. "The Dynamic-Optimizing Approach to the Current Account: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Higgins & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1996. "Asian Demography and Foreign Capital Dependence," NBER Working Papers 5560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Gerard Adams & Peter A. Prazmowski, 2003. "Why are saving rates in East Asia so high? Reviving the life cycle hypothesis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 275-289, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Why New Zealand’s current account deficit will begin to fall
by Matt Nolan in TVHE on 2009-01-13 08:00:41
More about this item
KeywordsJapanese current account; forecast;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hai:wpaper:200010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Web Technician). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuhius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.