Mobile Money Adoption and Financial Inclusion Objectives: A Macroeconomic Approach through a Cluster Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2008.
"Banking Services for Everyone? Barriers to Bank Access and Use around the World,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 397-430, November.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2006. "Banking services for everyone ? Barriers to bank access and use around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4079, The World Bank.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Martinez Peria, M., 2008. "Banking services for everyone? Barriers to bank access and use around the world," Other publications TiSEM 667b51d6-c698-43ce-9777-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Isaac Mbiti & David N. Weil, 2015.
"Mobile Banking: The Impact of M-Pesa in Kenya,"
NBER Chapters,in: African Successes, Volume III: Modernization and Development, pages 247-293
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isaac Mbiti & David N. Weil, 2011. "Mobile Banking: The Impact of M-Pesa in Kenya," Working Papers 2011-13, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Isaac Mbiti & David N. Weil, 2011. "Mobile Banking: The Impact of M-Pesa in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 17129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun ‘QJ’ Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2014.
"The African Financial Development and Financial Inclusion Gaps,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 23(5), pages 614-642.
- Franklin Allen & Elena Carletti & Robert Cull & Jun “Qj” Qian & Lemma Senbet & Patricio Valenzuela, 2013. "The African Financial Development and Financial Inclusion Gaps," Documentos de Trabajo 305, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena & Cull, Robert & Jun Qian & Senbet, Lemma & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2014. "The African financial development and financial inclusion gaps," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7019, The World Bank.
- Berentsen, Aleksander, 1998. "Monetary Policy Implications of Digital Money," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 89-117.
- Goran Amidžić & Alexander Massara & André Mialou, 2014. "Assessing Countries’ Financial Inclusion Standing - A New Composite Index," IMF Working Papers 14/36, International Monetary Fund.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1993. "A Search-Theoretic Approach to Monetary Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 63-77, March.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- William Jack & Tavneet Suri, 2011. "Mobile Money: The Economics of M-PESA," NBER Working Papers 16721, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chou, Yuntsai & Lee, Chiwei & Chung, Jianru, 2004. "Understanding m-commerce payment systems through the analytic hierarchy process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1423-1430, December.
- Toxopeus, Helen S. & Lensink, Robert, 2007. "Remittances and Financial Inclusion in Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 049, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ignacio Mas & Olga Morawczynski, 2009. "Designing Mobile Money Services Lessons from M-PESA," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 4(2), pages 77-91, April.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Ignacio Mas, 2009. "The Economics of Branchless Banking," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 4(2), pages 57-75, April.
- Ahmed Dermish & Christoph Kneiding & Paul Leishman & Ignacio Mas, 2011. "Branchless and Mobile Banking Solutions for the Poor: A Survey of the Literature," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 81-98, October.
- Christophe Van den Bulte, 2000. "New Product Diffusion Acceleration: Measurement and Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(4), pages 366-380, June.
- Peter Tobbin & Joseph Adjei, 2012. "Understanding the Characteristics of Early and Late Adopters of Technology: The Case of Mobile Money," International Journal of E-Services and Mobile Applications (IJESMA), IGI Global, vol. 4(2), pages 37-54, April.
More about this item
KeywordsComplementary currencies; scar effect; employability; mutual credit;
- E03 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Macroeconomics
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- O35 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Social Innovation
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2015-12-12 (Banking)
- NEP-INO-2015-12-12 (Innovation)
- NEP-MON-2015-12-12 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2015-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/credcfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.