Do federal deficits motivate regional fiscal (im)balances? Evidence from the Spanish case
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- AgustÃn Molinaâ€ Parra & Diego MartÃnezâ€ LÃ³pez, 2018. "Do Federal Deficits Motivate Regional Fiscal (Im)Balances? Evidence For The Spanish Case," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 224-258, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bande, Roberto & Fernández, Melchor & Montuenga, Víctor, 2008.
"Regional unemployment in Spain: Disparities, business cycle and wage setting,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 885-914, October.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & VÃctor Manuel Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain - Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," ERSA conference papers ersa05p489, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberto Bande & Melchor Fernandez & Victor Montuenga, 2005. "Regional Unemployment in Spain: Disparities, Business Cycle and Wage Setting," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0035, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1995.
"Incumbent Behavior: Vote-Seeking, Tax-Setting, and Yardstick Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1992. "Incumbent Behavior: Vote Seeking, Tax Setting and Yardstick Competition," NBER Working Papers 4041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy Goodspeed, 2002. "Bailouts in a Federation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 409-421, August.
- David Bartolini & Raffaella Santolini, 2012. "Political yardstick competition among Italian municipalities on spending decisions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(1), pages 213-235, August.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Bowsher, Clive G., 2002. "On testing overidentifying restrictions in dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 211-220, October.
- Jan J.G. Lemmen, 1999. "Managing Government Default Risk in Federal States," FMG Special Papers sp116, Financial Markets Group.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2012.
"Soft budget constraints and strategic interactions in subnational borrowing: Evidence from the German States, 1975–2005,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 114-127.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2011. "Soft budget constraints and strategic interactions in subnational borrowing: Evidence from the German States, 1975-2005," MPRA Paper 32537, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roland Hodler, 2011.
"Elections and the strategic use of budget deficits,"
Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 149-161, July.
- Roland Hodler, 2009. "Elections and the Strategic Use of Budget Deficits," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1074, The University of Melbourne.
- Van Hecke, Annelore, 2013. "Vertical debt spillovers in EMU countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 468-492.
- Foremny, Dirk, 2014. "Sub-national deficits in European countries: The impact of fiscal rules and tax autonomy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 86-110.
- Eyraud, Luc & Lusinyan, Lusine, 2013. "Vertical fiscal imbalances and fiscal performance in advanced economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 571-587.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
- Jonathan A. Rodden & Gunnar S. Eskeland (ed.), 2003. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182297, August.
- Salvador Barrios & Pietro Rizza, 2010. "Unexpected changes in tax revenues and the stabilisation function of fiscal policy. Evidence for EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 404, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Sorribas-Navarro, Pilar, 2011. "Bailouts in a fiscal federal system: Evidence from Spain," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 154-170, March.
More about this item
Keywordspublic deficit; intergovernmental relations; yardstick competition.;
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2015-04-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-PBE-2015-04-11 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2015-04-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gov:wpaper:1503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sanchez-Fernandez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geviges.html .