The Economics of Fair Trade: For Whose Benefit? An Investigation into the Limits of Fair Trade as a Development Tool and the Risk of Clean-Washing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krivonos, Ekaterina, 2004.
"The impact of coffee market reforms on producer prices and price transmission,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3358, The World Bank.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina, 2005. "The impact of coffee market reforms on producer prices and price transmission," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19315, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Morisset, Jacques, 1998. "Unfair Trade? The Increasing Gap between World and Domestic Prices in Commodity Markets during the Past 25 Years," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(3), pages 503-526, September.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Solferino, Nazaria, 2005. "The dynamics of ethical product differentiation and the habit formation of socially responsible consumers," AICCON Working Papers 8-2005, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Michiel Kok & Richard Nahuis & Albert de Vaal, 2004. "On labour standards and free trade," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 137-158.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Koekoek, Freek Jan, 2003. "The State of Sustainable Coffee: A Study of Twelve Major Markets," MPRA Paper 17172, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabrizio Adriani & Leonardo Becchetti, 2004. "Fair Trade: A 'Third Generation' Welfare Mechanism to Make Globalisation Sustainable," CEIS Research Paper 62, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Bacon, Christopher, 2005. "Confronting the Coffee Crisis: Can Fair Trade, Organic, and Specialty Coffees Reduce Small-Scale Farmer Vulnerability in Northern Nicaragua?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 497-511, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kang, Hyunsoo & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2009. "Empirical Evidences from a Coffee Paradox: An Export Supply/Price Asymmetry Approach," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 32(3), July.
- Suphanit Piyapromdee & Russell Hillberry & Donald MacLaren, 2014.
"‘Fair trade’ coffee and the mitigation of local oligopsony power,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 537-559.
- Suphanit Piyapromdee & Russell Hillberry & Donald MacLaren, 2008. "'Fair Trade' Coffee and the Mitigation of Local Oligopsony Power," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1057, The University of Melbourne.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota, 2008.
"Is Fair Trade Honey Sweeter? An empirical analysis on the effect of affiliation on productivity,"
104, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota, 2009. "Is Fair Trade Honey Sweeter? An Empirical Analysis on the Effect of Affiliation on Productivity," CEIS Research Paper 141, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 30 Jun 2009.
- Brigitte Granville, 2009. "Trust In Fairtrade: The 'Feel-Good' Effect," Working Papers 27, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Aye, Goodness C. & Dadam, Vincent & Gupta, Rangan & Mamba, Bonginkosi, 2014. "Oil price uncertainty and manufacturing production," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 41-47.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Melania Michetti, 2013.
"The effect of fair trade affiliation on child schooling: evidence from a sample of Chilean honey producers,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(25), pages 3552-3563, September.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Stefano Castriota & Melania Michetti, 2012. "The Effect of Fair Trade Affiliation on Child Schooling: Evidence from a Sample of Chilean Honey Producers," Working Papers 2012.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Fabio Pisani, 2011.
"Virtuous Interactions in Removing Exclusion: The Link between Foreign Market Access and Access to Education,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1431-1454, September.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Fabio Pisani, 2009. "Virtuous interactions in removing exclusion: The link between foreign market access and access to education," Working Papers 122, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo & Fabio Pisani, 2009. "Virtuous interactions in removing exclusion: the link between foreign market access and access to education," Econometica Working Papers wp10, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi & Pisani, Fabio, 2010. "Virtuous interactions in removing exclusion," AICCON Working Papers 63-2009, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Njindan Iyke, Bernard, 2016. "Real Output and Oil Price Uncertainty: Evidence from an Oil Producing Country," MPRA Paper 71307, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsCoffee; Fair Trade; Development; Clean-Washing; Treatment Regression;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- M39 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-02-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2007-02-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INT-2007-02-17 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gii:giihei:heiwp06-2007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dorina Dobre). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieheich.html .