Market Imperfections and Fair Trade
The aim of the paper is to show that fair trade strategies play a major role in remedying market shortcomings at the level of organizational and information variables. The empirical evidence confirms the hypothesis that the greatest benefits for local producers stem from changes in advantageousness from short- to long-term objectives, increased investment propensity, and enhancement of collective action in the production of both private and collective goods, rather than from temporary increases in income.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Affuso & A. Arrighetti & G. Seravalli, 2003. "L'avvio dello sviluppo locale nei paesi a elevata poverta':il problema delle trappole combinate," Economics Department Working Papers 2003-EP01, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Gould, David M. & Gruben, William C., 1996.
"The role of intellectual property rights in economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 323-350, March.
- Gould, David M. & Gruben, William C., 1994. "The role of intellectual property rights in economic growth," Working Papers 9409, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Stephanie Barrientos, 2000. "Globalization and ethical trade: assessing the implications for development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 559-570.
- A. Arrighetti, 2007. "Fair trade, premio di prezzo e fallimenti del mercato," Economics Department Working Papers 2007-EP06, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Laura T. Raynolds & Douglas Murray & Peter Leigh Taylor, 2004. "Fair trade coffee: building producer capacity via global networks," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 1109-1121.
- Fabrizio Adriani & Leonardo Becchetti, 2004. "Fair Trade: A 'Third Generation' Welfare Mechanism to Make Globalisation Sustainable," CEIS Research Paper 62, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0096. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.