Reverse Shooting Made Easy: Solving for the Global Nonlinear Saddle Path
We present the blueprints for a set of innovative reverse shooting algorithms that trap the global saddle path in systems with 2-4 state variables. The solution procedure is built around a new distance mapping and refined simplex algorithms. Since the algorithms are completely reliable and always work in the same way, we have been able to develop canned programs that solve for the global nonlinear saddle path in any model with 2-4 state variables. The programs are written in the spirit of plug and play: the user types in the equations of the model and then waits for the solution.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2004|
|Date of revision:||Jan 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.coss.fsu.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunner, Martin & Strulik, Holger, 2002.
"Solution of perfect foresight saddlepoint problems: a simple method and applications,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 737-753, May.
- Martin Brunner & Holger Strulik, 2002. "Code for "Solution of Perfect Foresight Sattlepoint Problems: A Simple Method and Applications"," QM&RBC Codes 93, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Atolia, Manoj & Buffie, Edward F., 2011. "Solving The Unit Root Problem In Models With An Exogenous World Market Interest Rate," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 681-712, November.
- Manoj Atolia & Edward F. Buffie, 2007.
"Smart Forward Shooting,"
wp2008_04_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Apr 2008.
- Ric Herbert & Peter Stemp, 2003. "Exploiting Model Structure to Solve the Dynamics of a Macro Model," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 203-207, June.
- Mercenier, Jean & Michel, Philippe, 1994. "Discrete-Time Finite Horizon Appromixation of Infinite Horizon Optimization Problems with Steady-State Invariance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 635-56, May.
- Herbert, Ric D. & Stemp, Peter J. & Griffiths, William E., 2005. "Assessing two common approaches for solving models with saddle-path instabilities," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 78-89.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 2002. "The parametric path method: an alternative to Fair-Taylor and L-B-J for solving perfect foresight models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1557-1583, August.
- Lipton, David, et al, 1982. "Multiple Shooting in Rational Expectations Models [The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations]," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1329-33, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fsu:wpaper:wp2009_01_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dmitry Ryvkin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.