Smart Forward Shooting
In this paper we develop a set of innovative forward-shooting algorithms that solve for the global nonlinear saddle path in models with 1-3 jump variables. Exploiting the fact that the algorithms are mechanical and model-free, we have placed canned, fully-automated programs in the public domain. The programs do not require any substantive human input. The user’s only responsibility is to type in the equations of the model correctly.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:||Apr 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 246 Bellamy Building, Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2180|
Web page: http://www.coss.fsu.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunner, Martin & Strulik, Holger, 2002.
"Solution of perfect foresight saddlepoint problems: a simple method and applications,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 737-753, May.
- Martin Brunner & Holger Strulik, 2002. "Code for "Solution of Perfect Foresight Sattlepoint Problems: A Simple Method and Applications"," QM&RBC Codes 93, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Mercenier, Jean & Michel, Philippe, 1994. "Discrete-Time Finite Horizon Appromixation of Infinite Horizon Optimization Problems with Steady-State Invariance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 635-656, May.
- Ric Herbert & Peter Stemp, 2003. "Exploiting Model Structure to Solve the Dynamics of a Macro Model," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 203-207, June.
- Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998. "Application of weighted residual methods to dynamic economic models," Staff Report 232, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Manoj Atolia & Edward F. Buffie, 2004. "Reverse Shooting Made Easy: Solving for the Global Nonlinear Saddle Path," Working Papers wp2009_01_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Jan 2009. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)