Transition dynamics in endogenous recombinant growth models by means of projection methods
This paper provides a step further in the computation of the transition path of a continuous time endogenous growth model discussed by Privileggi (2010) â€“ based on the setting first introduced by Tsur and Zemel (2007) â€“ in which knowledge evolves according to the Weitzman (1998) recombinant process. A projection method, based on the least squares of the residual function corresponding to the ODE defining the optimal policy of the 'detrended' model, allows for the numeric approximation of such policy for a positive Lebesgue measure range of values of the efficiency parameter characterizing the probability function of the recombinant process. Although the projection method's performance rapidly degenerates as one departs from a benchmark value for the efficiency parameter, we are able to numerically compute time-path trajectories which are sufficiently regular to allow for sensitivity analysis under changes in parameters' values.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521725200, November.
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521898010, November.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 331-360.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1995. "Recombinant Growth," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1722, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 1998. "Recombinant Growth," Scholarly Articles 3708468, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998. "Application of weighted residual methods to dynamic economic models," Staff Report 232, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Tsur, Yacov & Zemel, Amos, 2007. "Towards endogenous recombinant growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3459-3477, November.
- Privileggi, Fabio, 2008. "On the transition dynamics in endogenous recombinant growth models," POLIS Working Papers 120, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Marimon, Ramon & Scott, Andrew (ed.), 1999. "Computational Methods for the Study of Dynamic Economies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198294979, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uca:ucapdv:153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucia Padovani)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.