Smart Forward Shooting
In this paper we develop a set of innovative forward-shooting algorithms that solve for the global nonlinear saddle path in models with 1-3 jump variables. Exploiting the fact that the algorithms are mechanical and model-free, we have placed canned, fully-automated programs in the public domain. The programs do not require any substantive human input. The user’s only responsibility is to type in the equations of the model correctly.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100248|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mercenier, Jean & Michel, Philippe, 1994. "Discrete-Time Finite Horizon Appromixation of Infinite Horizon Optimization Problems with Steady-State Invariance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 635-56, May.
- Ellen R. McGrattan, 1998. "Application of weighted residual methods to dynamic economic models," Staff Report 232, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ric Herbert & Peter Stemp, 2003. "Exploiting Model Structure to Solve the Dynamics of a Macro Model," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 203-207, June.
- Brunner, Martin & Strulik, Holger, 2002.
"Solution of perfect foresight saddlepoint problems: a simple method and applications,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 737-753, May.
- Martin Brunner & Holger Strulik, 2002. "Code for "Solution of Perfect Foresight Sattlepoint Problems: A Simple Method and Applications"," QM&RBC Codes 93, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Manoj Atolia & Edward F. Buffie, 2004. "Reverse Shooting Made Easy: Solving for the Global Nonlinear Saddle Path," Working Papers wp2009_01_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised Jan 2009.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:33:y:2009:i:1:p:1-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.