Agricultural diversification in Nepal: Status, determinants, and its impact on rural poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weinberger, Katinka & Lumpkin, Thomas A., 2007. "Diversification into Horticulture and Poverty Reduction: A Research Agenda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1464-1480, August.
- Andrea Ichino & Fabrizia Mealli & Tommaso Nannicini, 2008.
"From temporary help jobs to permanent employment: what can we learn from matching estimators and their sensitivity?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 305-327.
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," IZA Discussion Papers 2149, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5736, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guvele, C. A., 2001. "Gains from crop diversification in the Sudan Gezira scheme," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 319-333, October.
- Pratap Singh Birthal & Pramod Kumar Joshi & Devesh Roy & Amit Thorat, 2013. "Diversification in Indian Agriculture toward High-Value Crops: The Role of Small Farmers," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 61(1), pages 61-91, March.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2009.
"Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh?,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 340-349, August.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2008. "Whether crop diversification is a desired strategy for agricultural growth in Bangladesh," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36867, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Pingali, Prabhu L. & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1995. "Agricultural commercialization and diversification: processes and policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 171-185, June.
- Prabhu L. Pingali, 1997. "From Subsistence to Commercial Production Systems: The Transformation of Asian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 628-634.
- Joshi, P.K. & Gulati, Ashok & Birthal, Pratap S. & Tewari, Laxmi, 2003. "Agriculture diversification in South Asia," MSSD discussion papers 57, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- von Braun, Joachim, 1995. "Agricultural commercialization: impacts on income and nutrition and implications for policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 187-202, June.
- Gerald Shively & Celeste Sununtnasuk, 2015. "Agricultural Diversity and Child Stunting in Nepal," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(8), pages 1078-1096, August.
- Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2010. "Agricultural Growth and Poverty Reduction: Additional Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, February.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191, Juni.
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Roy, Devesh & Negi, Digvijay S., 2015. "Assessing the Impact of Crop Diversification on Farm Poverty in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 70-92.
- Van den Berg, M. Marrit & Hengsdijk, Huib & Wolf, Joost & Van Ittersum, Martin K. & Guanghuo, Wang & Roetter, Reimund P., 2007. "The impact of increasing farm size and mechanization on rural income and rice production in Zhejiang province, China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 841-850, June.
- Kumar, Anjani & Kumar, Praduman & Sharma, Alakh N., 2011. "Rural Poverty and Agricultural Growth in India: Implications for the Twelfth Five Year Plan," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 66(3), pages 1-10.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; rural areas; horticulture; diversification; agricultural development; welfare; households; high value agriculture; consumption expenditures;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.