Report NEP-DEV-2017-05-14This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Pedro Carneiro & Sokbae (Simon) Lee & Daniel Wilhelm, 2017. "Optimal data collection for randomized control trials," CeMMAP working papers CWP15/17, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Brollo, Fernanda & Kaufmann, Katja & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2017. "Learning about the Enforcement of Conditional Welfare Programs: Evidence from Brazil," CEPR Discussion Papers 11965, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Basurto, Pia & Dupas, Pascaline & Robinson, Jonathan, 2017. "Decentralization and Efficiency of Subsidy Targeting: Evidence from Chiefs in Rural Malawi," CEPR Discussion Papers 12012, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thapa, Ganesh & Kumar, Anjani & Joshi, Pramod Kumar, 2017. "Agricultural diversification in Nepal: Status, determinants, and its impact on rural poverty," IFPRI discussion papers 1634, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kseniia Gatskova & Artjoms Ivlevs & Barbara Dietz, 2017. "Does migration affect education of girls and young women in Tajikistan?," WIDER Working Paper Series 104, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Brollo, Fernanda & Kaufmann, Katja & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2017. "The Political Economy of Program Enforcement: Evidence from Brazil," CEPR Discussion Papers 11964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph J. Capuno & Carlos Antonio R. Tan, Jr. & Xylee Javier, 2016. "WASH for child health: Some evidence in support of public intervention in the Philippines," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 201611, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Lambrecht, Isabel & Kufoalor, Doreen S., 2017. "Limitations of contract farming as a pro-poor strategy: The case of maize outgrower schemes in upper West Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 1626, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sarwari, Abdul Nafi & Jinnai, Yusuke, 2017. "Does the community-based development program contribute to the economic welfare of rural households? Evidence from a randomized experiment in Afghanistan," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-18, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Elizabeth Frankenberg & Duncan Thomas, 2017. "Human Capital and Shocks: Evidence on Education, Health, and Nutrition," Working Papers 2017-035, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Chandan Singha, 2017. "Analysing Adoption of Soil Conservation Measures by Farmers in Darjeeling District, India," Working papers 275, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Ambler, Kate & de Brauw, Alan & Godlonton, Susan, 2017. "Measuring postharvest losses at the farm level in Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 1632, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- María Alejandra Arias & Ana María Ibáñez & Andres Zambrano, 2017. "Agricultural Production Amid Conflict: Separating the Effects of Conflict into Shocks and Uncertainty," HiCN Working Papers 245, Households in Conflict Network.
- Kacana Sipangule, 2017. "Agribusinesses, smallholder tenure security, and plot-level investments: Evidence from rural Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 106, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).