Bayesian network as a modelling tool for risk management in agriculture
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilbert Nartea & Paul Webster, 2008.
"Should farmers invest in financial assets as a risk management strategy? Some evidence from New Zealand ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(2), pages 183-202, June.
- Nartea, Gilbert V. & Webster, Paul, 2008. "Should farmers invest in financial assets as a risk management strategy? Some evidence from New Zealand," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(2), June.
- Nartea, Gilbert V. & Pellegrino, Juan M. & Webster, Paul, 2003. "Should Farmers Invest in Financial Assets as a Risk Management Strategy? Some Evidence from New Zealand," 14th Congress, Perth, Western Australia, August 10-15, 2003 24376, International Farm Management Association.
- Lauritzen, Steffen L., 1995. "The EM algorithm for graphical association models with missing data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 191-201, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian network; Risk; Conditional probabilities; Stochastic simulation; Database; Farm account;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-07-15 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-07-15 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2013-07-15 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:foi:wpaper:2013_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geir Tveit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/foikudk.html .