Seniority-based layoffs as an incentive device
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haltiwanger, John, 1984.
"The Distinguishing Characteristics of Temporary and Permanent Layoffs,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 523-538, October.
- John Haltiwanger, 1982. "The Distinguishing Characteristics of Temporary and Permanent Layoffs," UCLA Economics Working Papers 273, UCLA Department of Economics.
- George A. Akerlof & Hajime Miyazaki, 1980. "The Implicit Contract Theory of Unemployment meets the Wage Bill Argument," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 321-338.
- Edward P. Lazear & Paul Oyer, 2012. "Personnel Economics," Introductory Chapters,in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.), The Handbook of Organizational Economics Princeton University Press.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1981. "Agency, Earnings Profiles, Productivity, and Hours Restrictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 606-620, September.
- Idson, Todd L & Valletta, Robert G, 1996. "Seniority, Sectoral Decline, and Employee Retention: An Analysis of Layoff Unemployment Spells," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 654-676, October.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- George A. Akerlof & Lawrence F. Katz, 1989.
"Workers' Trust Funds and the Logic of Wage Profiles,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(3), pages 525-536.
- George A. Akerlof & Lawrence F. Katz, 1988. "Workers' Trust Funds and the Logic of Wage Profiles," NBER Working Papers 2548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1995. "Personnel Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121883, July.
- John C. Ham, 1986.
"Testing whether Unemployment Represents Intertemporal Labour Supply Behaviour,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 559-578.
- John C. Ham, 1985. "Testing Whether Unemployment Represents Intertemporal Labor Supply Behavior," Working Papers 576, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:1998-006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .