Comments on the evaluation of policy models
This paper examines the evaluation of models claimed to be relevant for policy making purposes. A number of tests are proposed to determine the usefulness of such models in the policy making process. These tests are applied to three empirical examples.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 20th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20551|
Web page: http://www.federalreserve.gov/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/ifdp/order.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Causality, cointegration, and control," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 551-559.
- Robert J. Barro & Mark Rush, 1980.
"Unanticipated Money and Economic Activity,"
in: Rational Expectations and Economic Policy, pages 23-73
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 1990.
"International Nominal Targeting (INT): A Proposal for Overcoming Obstacles to Policy Coordination,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt4rn0t6wv, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1990. "International nominal targeting (INT): a proposal for overcoming obstacles to policy coordination," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel., 1990. "International Nominal Targeting (INT): A Proposal for Overcoming Obstacles to Policy Coordination," Economics Working Papers 90-135, University of California at Berkeley.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Steven M. Sheffrin, 1990.
"Causation, spending and taxes: sand in the sandbox or tax collector for the welfare state?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- Hoover, Kevin D & Sheffrin, Steven M, 1992. "Causation, Spending, and Taxes: Sand in the Sandbox or Tax Collector for the Welfare State?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 225-48, March.
- Hoover, K.D. & Sheffrin, S.M., 1990. "Causation, Spending And Taxes: Sand In The Sandbox Or Tax Collector For The Welfare State," Papers 67, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- David F. Hendry & Neil R. Ericsson, 1990.
"Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
383, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R., 1991. "Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 833-881, May.
- Dutkowsky, Donald H, 1984. " The Demand for Borrowed Reserves: A Switching Regression Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 407-24, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgif:413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marlene Vikor)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.