The ins and outs of mortgage debt during the housing boom and bust
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sumit Agarwal & Efraim Benmelech & Nittai Bergman & Amit Seru, 2012. "Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Lead to Risky Lending?," NBER Working Papers 18609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel H. Cooper, 2012. "U.S. household deleveraging: what do the aggregate and household-level data tell us?," Public Policy Brief, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Andra C. Ghent & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang, 2015.
"Did Affordable Housing Legislation Contribute to the Subprime Securities Boom?,"
Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(4), pages 820-854, November.
- Andra C. Ghent & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang, 2012. "Did affordable housing legislation contribute to the subprime securities boom?," Working Papers 2012-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Robert B. Avery & Kenneth P. Brevoort, 2015.
"The Subprime Crisis: Is Government Housing Policy to Blame?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 352-363, May.
- Robert B. Avery & Kenneth P. Brevoort, 2011. "The subprime crisis: Is government housing policy to blame?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fernando Ferreira & Joseph Gyourko, 2011. "Anatomy of the Beginning of the Housing Boom: U.S. Neighborhoods and Metropolitan Areas, 1993-2009," NBER Working Papers 17374, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bassett, William F. & Chosak, Mary Beth & Driscoll, John C. & Zakrajšek, Egon, 2014.
"Changes in bank lending standards and the macroeconomy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 23-40.
- William F. Bassett & Mary Beth Chosak & John C. Driscoll & Egon Zakrajsek, 2012. "Changes in bank lending standards and the macroeconomy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2012.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & Jose-Luis Peydro & Jesus Saurina, 2012.
"Credit Supply and Monetary Policy: Identifying the Bank Balance-Sheet Channel with Loan Applications,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2301-2326, August.
- Gabriel Jimenez & Steven Ongena & José-Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2010. "Credit supply and monetary policy: Identifying the bank balance-sheet channel with loan applications," Economics Working Papers 1706, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2011.
- Valentin Bolotnyy, 2014.
"The Government-Sponsored Enterprises and the Mortgage Crisis: The Role of the Affordable Housing Goals,"
Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 42(3), pages 724-755, September.
- Valentin Bolotnyy, 2012. "The Government-Sponsored Enterprises and the mortgage crisis: the role of the affordable housing goals," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2012.
- Christopher J. Mayer & Karen Pence, 2008. "Subprime Mortgages: What, Where, and to Whom?," NBER Working Papers 14083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew F. Haughwout & Donghoon Lee & Joseph Tracy & Wilbert Van der Klaauw, 2011. "Real estate investors, the leverage cycle, and the housing market crisis," Staff Reports 514, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Calem, Paul S. & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2012. "Subprime mortgages and the housing bubble," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 230-243.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Paul Krugman, 2012. "Debt, Deleveraging, and the Liquidity Trap: A Fisher-Minsky-Koo Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(3), pages 1469-1513.
- Becker, Bo & Ivashina, Victoria, 2014. "Cyclicality of credit supply: Firm level evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 76-93.
- Andrey Pavlov & Susan Wachter, 2011. "Subprime Lending and Real Estate Prices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2010. "Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9111.
- Robert B. Avery & Neil Bhutta & Kenneth P. Brevoort & Glenn B. Canner, "undated". "The mortgage market in 2010: highlights from the data reported under the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act," Federal Reserve Bulletin y:2011:n:v.97, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Del Giovane, Paolo & Eramo, Ginette & Nobili, Andrea, 2011.
"Disentangling demand and supply in credit developments: A survey-based analysis for Italy,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2719-2732, October.
- Paolo Del Giovane & Ginette Eramo & Andrea Nobili, 2010. "Disentangling demand and supply in credit developments: a survey-based analysis for Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 764, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Matthew J. Notowidigdo, 2018.
"Housing Booms and Busts, Labor Market Opportunities, and College Attendance,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 108(10), pages 2947-2994, October.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Matthew J. Notowidigdo, 2015. "Housing Booms and Busts, Labor Market Opportunities, and College Attendance," NBER Working Papers 21587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordscredit supply; first-time homebuyer; mortgage default; Mortgage debt;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2014-12-19 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2014-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.