Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Lead to Risky Lending?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andra C. Ghent & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang, 2015.
"Did Affordable Housing Legislation Contribute to the Subprime Securities Boom?,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(4), pages 820-854, November.
- Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Andra C. Ghent & Michael T. Owyang, 2012. "Did affordable housing legislation contribute to the subprime securities boom?," Working Papers 2012-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Chevalier, Judith & Ellison, Glenn, 1997.
"Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1167-1200, December.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Glenn D. Ellison, 1995. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," NBER Working Papers 5234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, J. & Ellison, G., 1996. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," Working papers 96-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Sumit Agarwal & David Lucca & Amit Seru & Francesco Trebbi, 2014. "Inconsistent Regulators: Evidence from Banking," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(2), pages 889-938.
- Charles W. Calomiris, 2011. "An Incentive‐Robust Programme For Financial Reform," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(s2), pages 39-72, September.
- Itzhak Ben-David, 2011. "Financial Constraints and Inflated Home Prices during the Real Estate Boom," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 55-87, July.
- Benjamin J. Keys & Tanmoy Mukherjee & Amit Seru & Vikrant Vig, 2010. "Did Securitization Lead to Lax Screening? Evidence from Subprime Loans," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 307-362.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tyler T. Yang & Jessie Y. Zhang, 2016. "Contagious Real Estate Cycle: Case of the US Subprime Related Crisis," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 19(2), pages 171-196.
- Murfin, Justin & Petersen, Mitchell, 2016.
"Loans on sale: Credit market seasonality, borrower need, and lender rents,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 300-326.
- Justin Murfin & Mitchell Petersen, 2014. "Loans on sale: Credit market seasonality, borrower need, and lender rents," NBER Working Papers 20310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saadi, Vahid, 2016. "Mortgage supply and the US housing boom: The role of the Community Reinvestment Act," SAFE Working Paper Series 155, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Bhutta, Neil, 2015. "The ins and outs of mortgage debt during the housing boom and bust," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 284-298.
- Cristian Badarinza & John Y. Campbell & Tarun Ramadorai, 2016.
"International Comparative Household Finance,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 111-144, October.
- Cristian Badarinza & John Y. Campbell & Tarun Ramadorai, 2016. "International Comparative Household Finance," NBER Working Papers 22066, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Badarinza, Cristian & Ramadorai, Tarun & Campbell, John Y., 2016. "International Comparative Household Finance," Scholarly Articles 27535132, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:hrv:faseco:34331451 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhutta, Neil, 2014. "The ins and outs of mortgage debt during the housing boom and bust," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-91, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Olsen, Edgar O. & Zabel, Jeffrey E., 2015. "US Housing Policy," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
More about this item
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-12-15 (Banking)
- NEP-URE-2012-12-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .