Farsightedness and Cautiousness in Coalition Formation
We adopt the largest consistent set defined by Chwe [J. of Econ. Theory 63 (1994), 299-235] to predict which coalition structures are possibly stable when players are farsighted. We also introduce a refinement, the largest cautious consistent set, based on the assumption that players are cautious. For games with positive spillovers, many coalition structures may belong to the largest consistent set. The grand coalition, which is the efficient coalition structure, always belongs to the largest consistent set and is the unique one to belong to the largest cautious consistent set.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Corso Magenta, 63 - 20123 Milan|
Web page: http://www.feem.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chwe Michael Suk-Young, 1994. "Farsighted Coalitional Stability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 299-325, August.
- Herings, P.J.J. & Vannetelbosch, V., 1997.
"Refinements of Rationalizability for Normal-Form Games,"
1997-03, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Vincent J. Vannetelbosch & P. Jean-Jacques Herings, 1999. "Refinements of rationalizability for normal-form games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(1), pages 53-68.
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & ANNETELBOSCH, Vincent J., . "Refinements of rationalizability for normal-form games," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1378, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- HERINGS, Jean - Jacques & VANNETELBOSCH, Vincent, 1997. "Refinements of rationalizability for normal-form games," CORE Discussion Papers 1997002, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ray, D. & Vohra, R., 1993.
"Equilibrium Binding Agreements,"
21, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Debraj Ray & Rajiv Vohra, 1998.
"A Theory of Endogenous Coalition Structures,"
98-1, Brown University, Department of Economics, revised Jan 1998.
- Mari Paz Espinosa & Inez Macho-Stadler, 2000.
"Endogenous Formation of Partnership with Moral Hazard,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0565, Econometric Society.
- Paz Espinosa, Maria & Macho-Stadler, Ines, 2003. "Endogenous formation of competing partnerships with moral hazard," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 183-194, July.
- Espinosa Alejos, María Paz & Macho Stadler, Inés, 2002. "Endogenous Formation of Competing Partnership with Moral Hazard," DFAEII Working Papers 2002-34, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Mar? Paz Espinosa & Inés Macho-Stadler, . "Endogenous Formation Of Partnerships With Moral Hazard," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 448.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Bernheim, B Douglas, 1984.
"Rationalizable Strategic Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 1007-28, July.
- Konishi, Hideo & Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 1999.
"On Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria in Common Agency Games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 122-139, March.
- KONISHI, Hideo & LE BRETON, Michel & WEBER, Shlomo, . "On coalition-proof Nash equilibria in common agency games," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1383, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Debraj Ray & Rajiv Vohra, 2001. "Coalitional Power and Public Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(6), pages 1355-1384, December.
- Yi, Sang-Seung & Shin, Hyukseung, 2000. "Endogenous formation of research coalitions with spillovers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 229-256, February.
- Pearce, David G, 1984. "Rationalizable Strategic Behavior and the Problem of Perfection," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 1029-50, July.
- Yi, Sang-Seung, 1997. "Stable Coalition Structures with Externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 201-237, August.
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-64, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2003.52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.