EU ETS- broken beyond repair ? An analysis based on Faster principles
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Xavier Timbeau & Pawel Wiejski, 2017. "EU ETS-broken beyond repair ? An analysis based on FASTER principles," Sciences Po publications 24, Sciences Po.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Perthuis, Christian & Trotignon, Raphael, 2014.
"Governance of CO2 markets: Lessons from the EU ETS,"
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 100-106.
- Christian de Perthuis & Raphael Trotignon, 2013. "Governance of CO2 markets: lessons from the EU ETS," Working Papers 1307, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Christian De Perthuis & Raphaël Trotignon, 2013. "Governance of CO2 markets: lessons from the EU ETS," Post-Print hal-01504635, HAL.
- Christian De Perthuis & Raphaël Trotignon, 2014. "Governance of CO2 markets: Lessons from the EU ETS," Post-Print hal-01504611, HAL.
- Jon Birger Skjærseth & Jørgen Wettestad, 2009. "The Origin, Evolution and Consequences of the EU Emissions Trading System," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 9(2), pages 101-122, May.
- Laing, Timothy & Sato, Misato & Grubb, Michael & Comberti, Claudia, 2014. "The effects and side-effects of the EU emissions trading scheme," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 56790, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Johanna Arlinghaus, 2015. "Impacts of Carbon Prices on Indicators of Competitiveness: A Review of Empirical Findings," OECD Environment Working Papers 87, OECD Publishing.
- Ellerman,A. Denny & Convery,Frank J. & de Perthuis,Christian, 2010. "Pricing Carbon," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521196475.
- Richstein, Jörn C. & Chappin, Émile J.L. & de Vries, Laurens J., 2015. "The market (in-)stability reserve for EU carbon emission trading: Why it might fail and how to improve it," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-18.
- Koch, Nicolas & Fuss, Sabine & Grosjean, Godefroy & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2014. "Causes of the EU ETS price drop: Recession, CDM, renewable policies or a bit of everything?—New evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 676-685.
- R. H. Coase, 2013. "The Problem of Social Cost," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(4), pages 837-877.
- Barry Anderson & Corrado Di Maria, 2011.
"Abatement and Allocation in the Pilot Phase of the EU ETS,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 83-103, January.
- Corrado Di Maria & Barry Anderson & Frank Convery, 2009. "Abatement and Allocation in the Pilot Phase of the EU ETS," Working Papers 2009.110, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13539 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fritz W. Scharpf, 2006. "The Joint-Decision Trap Revisited," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44, pages 845-864, November.
- Dominique Guegan & Marius-Cristian Frunza & Fabrice Thiebaut, 2011. "Missing trader fraud on the emissions market," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00646205, HAL.
- World Bank & Ecofys & Vivid Economics, "undated". "State and Trends of Carbon Pricing 2016," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25160, The World Bank.
- Lawrence H. Goulder, 2013. "Markets for Pollution Allowances: What Are the (New) Lessons?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 87-102, Winter.
- Bel, Germà & Joseph, Stephan, 2015. "Emission abatement: Untangling the impacts of the EU ETS and the economic crisis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 531-539.
- David Coady & Ian W.H. Parry & Louis Sears & Baoping Shang, 2015. "How Large Are Global Energy Subsidies?," IMF Working Papers 15/105, International Monetary Fund.
- Clò, Stefano & Battles, Susan & Zoppoli, Pietro, 2013. "Policy options to improve the effectiveness of the EU emissions trading system: A multi-criteria analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 477-490.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00646205 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fell, Harrison, 2016. "Comparing policies to confront permit over-allocation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 53-68.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perino, Grischa & Willner, Maximilian, 2016. "Procrastinating reform: The impact of the market stability reserve on the EU ETS," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 37-52.
- Florens Flues & Alastair Thomas, 2015. "The distributional effects of energy taxes," OECD Taxation Working Papers 23, OECD Publishing.
- Venmans, Frank, 2012. "A literature-based multi-criteria evaluation of the EU ETS," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5493-5510.
More about this item
KeywordsCap-and-trade; EU ETS; Market stability reserve; Carbon price;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-11-12 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2017-11-12 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-11-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-11-12 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fce:doctra:1724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ofcspfr.html .