Political Pressure on the National Bank of Slovakia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gartner, Manfred, 2000. "Political Macroeconomics: A Survey of Recent Developments," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 527-561, December.
- Tetsuya Konuki, 2008. "Estimating Potential Output and the Output Gap in Slovakia," IMF Working Papers 08/275, International Monetary Fund.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester & van Rooij, Maarten & Schaling, Eric, 1996.
"Central Bank Independence: A Paneldata Approach,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 89(1-2), pages 163-182, October.
- Eijffinger, S. & van Rool, M. & Schaling, E., 1994. "Central Bank Independence: A Panel Data Approach," Papers 9493, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & van Rooij, M. & Schaling, E., 1996. "Central Bank Independence : A Panel Data Approach," Other publications TiSEM edfc8450-16c6-4539-be31-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & van Rooij, M. & Schaling, E., 1994. "Central bank independence : A paneldata approach," Other publications TiSEM 53e7c98f-aa5f-47f9-a8fb-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & van Rooij, M. & Schaling, E., 1994. "Central bank independence : A paneldata approach," Discussion Paper 1994-93, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Noha Farrag & Ahmed Kamaly, 2007. "Measuring the Degree of Central Bank Independence in Egypt," Working Papers 4, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1989.
"Alternative Approaches to the Political Business Cycle,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(2), pages 1-68.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1989. "Alternative Approaches to the Political Business Cycle," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 927, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Berger, Helge & de Haan, Jakob & Eijffinger, Sylvester C W, 2000.
"Central Bank Independence: An Update of Theory and Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2353, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bevger, H. & de Haan, J. & Eijffinger, S.C.W., 2000. "Central Bank Independence : An Update of Theory and Evidence," Other publications TiSEM f4d66128-9080-4262-8e5f-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hadri, Kaddour & Lockwood, Ben & Maloney, John, 1998. "Does Central Bank Independence Smooth the Political Business Cycle in Inflation? Some OECD Evidence," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(4), pages 377-395, September.
- Bruno S. Frey (ed.), 1997. "Political Business Cycles," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 920.
- Peter Moser, 2000. "The Political Economy of Democratic Institutions," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1650.
- Fabio Milani, 2010.
"Political Business Cycles In The New Keynesian Model,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 896-915, October.
- Fabio Milani, 2007. "Political Business Cycles in the New Keynesian Model," Working Papers 070805, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Philipp Maier, 2002. "Political Pressure, Rhetoric and Monetary Policy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2890.
- Gernot Sieg, 2006. "A Model Of An Opportunistic‐Partisan Political Business Cycle," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 53(2), pages 242-252, May.
- Kausik Chaudhuri & Sugato Dasgupta, 2005. "The political determinants of central governments' economic policies in India: an empirical investigation," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 957-978.
- Daniel Treisman & Vladimir Gimpelson, 1999. "Political Business Cycles and Russian Elections, or the Manipulations of Chudar," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-39, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Mas, Ignacio, 1994. "Central bank independence : a critical view," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1356, The World Bank.
- Reichenvater, Arno, 2007. "Business Cycles, Political Incentives and the Macroeconomy: Comparison of Models," MPRA Paper 5527, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordspolitical economy; central banks; monetary policy;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2011-10-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-10-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-10-01 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-POL-2011-10-01 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2011-10-01 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:wpaper:wp2011_29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.