Lessons from Japan's Secular Stagnation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2004.
"The 1990s in Japan: a lost decade,"
Chapters,in: The Economics of an Ageing Population, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1998. "It's Baaack: Japan's Slump and the Return of the Liquidity Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 137-206.
- Kyoji Fukao, 2013. "Explaining Japan's Unproductive Two Decades," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 8(2), pages 193-213, December.
- Bayoumi, Tamim, 2001.
"The morning after: explaining the slowdown in Japanese growth in the 1990s,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 241-259, April.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1999. "The Morning After; Explaining the Slowdown in Japanese Growth in the 1990's," IMF Working Papers 99/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1999. "The Morning After: Explaining the Slowdown in Japanese Growth in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 7350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayoumi, Tamim, 2000. "The Morning After: Explaining The Slowdown In Japanese Growth In The 1990s," CEPR Discussion Papers 2436, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2002.
"The 1990s in Japan: A Lost Decade,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(1), pages 206-235, January.
- Fumio Hayashi & Edward C. Prescott, 2002. "Data Appendix to The 1990s in Japan: A Lost Decade," Technical Appendices hayashi02, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Ando, Albert, 2002. "Missing Household Saving and Valuation of Corporations: Inquiry into Japanese National Accounts I," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 147-176, June.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, May.
- Jorgenson, Dale W. & Kuroda, Masahiro & Nishimizu, Mieko, 1987. "Japan-U.S. industry-level productivity comparisons, 1960-1979," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Kyoji Fukao & Tsutomu Miyagawa & Kentaro Mukai & Yukio Shinoda & Konomi Tonogi, 2009.
"Intangible Investment In Japan: Measurement And Contribution To Economic Growth,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(3), pages 717-736, September.
- FUKAO Kyoji & HAMAGATA Sumio & MIYAGAWA Tsutomu & TONOGI Konomi, 2007. "Intangible Investment in Japan: Measurement and Contribution to Economic Growth," Discussion papers 07034, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002.
"Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 1999. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald & Nicholas Oulton & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2003.
"The case of the missing productivity growth: or, does information technology explain why productivity accelerated in the United States but not the United Kingdom?,"
Working Paper Series
WP-03-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald & Nicholas Oulton & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2003. "The Case of the Missing Productivity Growth: Or, Does Information technology explain why productivity accelerated in the United States but not the United Kingdom?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2021, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Kwon, HyeogUg & Shimizutani, Satoshi & Fukao, Kyoji & Makino, Tatsuji & Yokoyama, Izumi & Kambayashi, Ryo & Kim, YoungGak, 2007. "Are Wage‐tenure Profiles Steeper than Productivity‐tenure Profiles?―Evidence from Japanese Establishment Data from the Census of Manufacturers and the Basic Survey Wage Structure―," Economic Review, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 58(1), pages 61-90, January.
- Kyoji Fukao & Hyeog Ug Kwon, 2006.
"Why Did Japan'S Tfp Growth Slow Down In The Lost Decade? An Empirical Analysis Based On Firm-Level Data Of Manufacturing Firms,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 57(2), pages 195-228.
- Kyoji Fukao & Hyeog Ug Kwon, 2004. "Why Did Japan's TFP Growth Slow Down in the Lost Decade?: An Empirical Analysis Based on Firm-Level Data of Manufacturing Firms," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-50, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kyoji Fukao & Hyeog Ug Kwon, 2005. "Why Did Japan's TFP Growth Slow Down in the Lost Decade? An Empirical Analysis Based on Firm-Level Data of Manufacturing Firms," Discussion papers 05004, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- FUKAO Kyoji & IKEUCHI Kenta & YoungGak KIM & KWON Hyeog Ug, 2015. "Why Was Japan Left Behind in the ICT Revolution?," Discussion papers 15043, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- James M. Poterba, 1987. "Tax Policy and Corporate Saving," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 18(2), pages 455-516.
- Charles Yuji Horioka, 2008. "The Flow of Household Funds in Japan," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 4(1), pages 37-52, December.
- Gary R. Saxonhouse & Robert M Stern, 2002.
"Japan's Lost Decade: Origins, Consequences, and Prospects For Recovery,"
484, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Gary R. Saxonhouse & Robert M Stern, 2002. "Japan's Lost Decade: Origins, Consequences, and Prospects For Recovery," Working Papers 485, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Dale W. JORGENSON & NOMURA Koji & Jon D. SAMUELS, 2015. "A Half Century of Trans-Pacific Competition: Price level indices and productivity gaps for Japanese and U.S. industries, 1955-2012," Discussion papers 15054, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- B.K. Atrostic & Kazuyuki Motohashi & Sang Nguyen, 2008. "Computer Network Use and Firms' Productivity Performance: The United States vs. Japan," Working Papers 08-30, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- KWON Hyeog Ug & KIM Younggak, 2010. "Ownership Structure and TFP: Evidence from Japanese firms (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 10050, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kim, YoungGak & Fukao, Kyoji & Makino, Tatsuji, 2010. "The Structural Causes of Japan's “Two Lost Decades”," Economic Review, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 61(3), pages 237-260, July.
- Ogawa, Kazuo, 2011. "Balance sheet deterioration and credit allocations: Japanese evidence from the short-term economic survey of enterprises," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 86-96, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:aoj:ajeaer:2017:p:132-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gilles Dufrénot & Meryem Rhouzlane, 2018. "Secular Stagnation: New Challenges for the Industrialized Countries in the 21st Century," Working Papers halshs-01821669, HAL.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:15124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (MATSUKURA, Taeko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.