Natural Disasters, Land Price, and Location of Firms: Evidence from Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Strömberg, 2007. "Natural Disasters, Economic Development, and Humanitarian Aid," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 199-222, Summer.
- Noy, Ilan, 2009. "The macroeconomic consequences of disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-231, March.
- World Bank & United Nations, 2010. "Natural Hazards, UnNatural Disasters : The Economics of Effective Prevention," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2512, December.
- Robert J. Barro, 2009. "Rare Disasters, Asset Prices, and Welfare Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 243-264, March.
- Yasuyuki Sawada, 2007.
"The impact of natural and manmade disasters on household welfare,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 59-73, December.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2006. "The Impact of Natural and Manmade Disasters on Household Welfare," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25750, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Colin F. Camerer & Howard Kunreuther, 1989. "Decision processes for low probability events: Policy implications," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 565-592.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- ADACHI Daisuke & NAKATA Hiroyuki & SAWADA Yasusyuki & SEKIGUCHI Kunio, 2016. "Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard in the Corporate Insurance Market: Evidence from the 2011 Thailand floods," Discussion papers 16025, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Hiroyuki Nakata & Kunio Sekiguchi & Yoko Okuyama, 2018. "Land and Real Estate Price Sensitivity to a Disaster: Evidence from the 2011 Thai Floods," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(1), pages 89-97.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Takasaki, Yoshito, 2017. "Natural Disaster, Poverty, and Development: An Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 2-15.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Gröschl, Jasmin & Sanders, Mark & Schippers, Vincent & Steinwachs, Thomas, 2018.
"Shedding Light on the Spatial Diffusion of Disasters,"
VfS Annual Conference 2018 (Freiburg, Breisgau): Digital Economy
181556, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Jasmin Katrin Gröschl & Mark Sanders & Vincent Schippers & Thomas Steinwachs & Gabriel J. Felbermayr, 2018. "Shedding Light on the Spatial Diffusion of Disasters," CESifo Working Paper Series 7146, CESifo.
- Yasuyuki Sawada, 2017. "Disasters, Household Decisions, and Insurance Mechanisms: A Review of Evidence and a Case Study from a Developing Country in Asia," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 12(1), pages 18-40, January.
- Arouri, Mohamed & Nguyen, Cuong & Youssef, Adel Ben, 2015.
"Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 59-77.
- Mohamed Arouri & Adel Ben Youssef & Cuong Nguyen-Viet, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Household Welfare, and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," Post-Print halshs-01109452, HAL.
- Mohamed Arouri & Adel Ben Youssef & Cuong Nguyen, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Household Welfare and Resilience: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-03, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- Matthew A. COLE & Robert J R ELLIOTT & OKUBO Toshihiro & Eric STROBL, 2013. "Natural Disasters and Plant Survival: The impact of the Kobe earthquake," Discussion papers 13063, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009.
"The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey,"
Research Department Publications
4649, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cavallo, Eduardo A. & Noy, Ilan, 2011. "The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1664, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters - A Survey," Working Papers 200919, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- SAWADA Yasuyuki & MASAKI Tatsujiro & NAKATA Hiroyuki & SEKIGUCHI Kunio, 2017. "Natural Disasters: Financial preparedness of corporate Japan," Discussion papers 17014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Matthew A. COLE & Robert J R ELLIOTT & OKUBO Toshihiro & Eric STROBL, 2015. "Natural Disasters, Industrial Clusters and Manufacturing Plant Survival," Discussion papers 15008, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Goetz von Peter & Sebastian von Dahlen & Sweta C Saxena, 2012. "Unmitigated disasters? New evidence on the macroeconomic cost of natural catastrophes," BIS Working Papers 394, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dieppe,Alistair Matthew & Kilic Celik,Sinem & Okou,Cedric Iltis Finafa, 2020. "Implications of Major Adverse Events on Productivity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9411, The World Bank.
- Veeshan Rayamajhee & Alok K. Bohara & Virgil Henry Storr, 2020. "Ex-Post Coping Responses and Post-Disaster Resilience: a Case from the 2015 Nepal Earthquake," Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 575-599, October.
- Yasuyuki SAWADA & Fauziah ZEN, 2014. "Disaster Management in ASEAN," Working Papers DP-2014-03, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2013. "Impact of natural disasters on income inequality: Analysis using panel data during the period 1965 to 2004," MPRA Paper 45623, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rohan Best & Paul J. Burke, 2019.
"Macroeconomic impacts of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 56(5), pages 1647-1681, May.
- Rohan Best & Paul J Burke, 2017. "Macroeconomic impacts of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti," Departmental Working Papers 2017-15, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Miles Parker, 2018.
"The Impact of Disasters on Inflation,"
Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 21-48, April.
- Parker, Miles, 2016. "The impact of disasters on inflation," Working Paper Series 1982, European Central Bank.
- Miles Parker, 2016. "The impact of disasters on inflation," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2016/06, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Erwann Michel-Kerjan, 2013. "Finance des risques catastrophiques. Le marché américain est en plein bouleversement," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 64(4), pages 615-634.
- Martina Kirchberger, 2014. "Natural Disasters and Labour Markets," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2014-19, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sven Kunze, 2021. "Unraveling the Effects of Tropical Cyclones on Economic Sectors Worldwide: Direct and Indirect Impacts," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 78(4), pages 545-569, April.
- Sakai, Yoko & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko & Higuchi, Yuki & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2017. "Do Natural Disasters Affect the Poor Disproportionately? Price Change and Welfare Impact in the Aftermath of Typhoon Milenyo in the Rural Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 16-26.
- Camille Saint-Macary & Claire Zanuso, 2015.
"Build back better? Long-lasting impact of the 2010 Earthquake in Haiti,"
DT/2015/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Camille Saint-Macary & Claire Zanuso, 2016. "Build back better? Long-lasting impact of the 2010 Earthquake in Haiti," Working Papers hal-01388473, HAL.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2014-06-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SEA-2014-06-14 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2014-06-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:14029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: TANIMOTO, Toko (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.