Why do ICDPs fail? The relationship between subsistence farming, poaching and eco- tourism in wildlife and habitat conservation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D., 2003.
"Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 109-127, January.
- Bulte, E.H. & Horan, R.D., 2003. "Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion," Other publications TiSEM 88fa3bff-65e8-478f-9edf-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gibson, Clark C. & Marks, Stuart A., 1995. "Transforming rural hunters into conservationists: An assessment of community-based wildlife management programs in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 941-957, June.
- Johannesen, Anne Borge & Skonhoft, Anders, 2005.
"Tourism, poaching and wildlife conservation: what can integrated conservation and development projects accomplish?,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 208-226, October.
- Anders Skonhoft & Anne Borge Johannesen, 2004. "Tourism, Poaching and Wildlife Conservation: What can Integrated Conservation and Development Projects accomplish?," Working Paper Series 4504, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Anders Skonhoft & Jan Tore Solstad, 1998. "The Political Economy of Wildlife Exploitation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(1), pages 16-31.
- Naidoo, Robin & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 2005. "Biodiversity and nature-based tourism at forest reserves in Uganda," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 159-178, May.
- Bulte, Erwin & Rondeau, Daniel, 2007.
"Compensation for wildlife damages: Habitat conversion, species preservation and local welfare,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 311-322, November.
- Daniel Rondeau & Erwin Bulte, 2003. "Compensation for Wildlife Damage: Habitat Conversion, Species Preservation and Local Welfare," Working Papers 2003-01, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Christopher B. Barrett & Peter Arcese, 1998. "Wildlife Harvest in Integrated Conservation and Development Projects: Linking Harvest to Household Demand, Agricultural Production, and Environmental Shocks in the Serengeti," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 449-465.
- Daniel Rondeau & Erwin Bulte, 2007. "Wildlife Damage and Agriculture: A Dynamic Analysis of Compensation Schemes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(2), pages 490-507.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Arcese, Peter, 1995. "Are Integrated Conservation-Development Projects (ICDPs) Sustainable? On the conservation of large mammals in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1073-1084, July.
More about this item
Keywordsbio-economic modelling; competing land-use; ecotourism; integrated conservation and development projects; poaching; wildlife and habitat conservation;
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-11-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2007-11-17 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2007-11-17 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TUR-2007-11-17 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eth:wpswif:07-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwethch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.