Compensation for Wildlife Damage: Habitat Conversion, Species Preservation and Local Welfare
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bulte, Erwin & Rondeau, Daniel, 2007. "Compensation for wildlife damages: Habitat conversion, species preservation and local welfare," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 311-322, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D., 2003.
"Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 109-127, January.
- Bulte, E.H. & Horan, R.D., 2003. "Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion," Other publications TiSEM 88fa3bff-65e8-478f-9edf-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, November.
- Jonathan Yoder, 2002. "Estimation of Wildlife-Inflicted Property Damage and Abatement Based on Compensation Program Claims Data," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 45-59.
- Rollins, Kimberly & Briggs, Hugh III, 1996. "Moral Hazard, Externalities, and Compensation for Crop Damages from Wildlife," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 368-386, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Winkler, Ralph, 2011. "Why do ICDPs fail?: The relationship between agriculture, hunting and ecotourism in wildlife conservation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 55-78, January.
- Jens Abildtrup & Frank Jensen, 2012. "The Regulation of Hunting: A Population Tax," IFRO Working Paper 2012/2, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Ainsley, Matthew & Kosoy, Nicolas, 2015. "The tragedy of bird scaring," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 122-131.
- Häggmark-Svensson, Tobias & Elofsson, Katarina & Engelmann, Marc & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2015. "A review of the literature on benefits, costs, and policies for wildlife management," Working Paper Series 2015:1, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Esther Blanco & Javier Lozano, 2012. "Evolutionary success and failure of wildlife conservancy programs," Working Papers 2012-18, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0011-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Astrid Zabel & Karen Pittel & Göran Bostedt & Stefanie Engel, 2011.
"Comparing Conventional and New Policy Approaches for Carnivore Conservation: Theoretical Results and Application to Tiger Conservation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 287-301, February.
- Astrid Zabel & Karen Pittel & Göran Bostedt & Stefanie Engel, 2009. "Comparing Conventional and New Policy Approaches for Carnivore Conservation – Theoretical Results and Application to Tiger Conservation," IED Working paper 09-06, IED Institute for Environmental Decisions, ETH Zurich.
- Ralph Winkler, 2007. "Why do ICDPs fail? The relationship between subsistence farming, poaching and eco- tourism in wildlife and habitat conservation," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/76, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
More about this item
Keywordscompensation; crop damage; wildlife; endangered species preservation; bushmeat trade;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rep:wpaper:2003-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (G.C. van Kooten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/devicca.html .