The case for industrial policy and its application in the Ethiopian cut flower sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sen, Kunal, 2013.
"The Political Dynamics of Economic Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 71-86.
- Kunal Sen, 2012. "The political dynamics of economic growth," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series esid-005-12, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Mkandawire, Thandika, 2001. "Thinking about Developmental States in Africa," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 289-313, May.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2012. "New Structural Economics : A Framework for Rethinking Development and Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2232.
- Justin Lin & Ha-Joon Chang, 2009. "Should Industrial Policy in Developing Countries Conform to Comparative Advantage or Defy it? A Debate Between Justin Lin and Ha-Joon Chang," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 27(5), pages 483-502, September.
- Erik S. Reinert, 2009. "Emulation versus Comparative Advantage: Competing and Complementary Principles in the History of Economic Policy," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 25, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Morten Jerven, 2011. "The quest for the African dummy: explaining African post‐colonial economic performance revisited," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 288-307, March.
- Pack, Howard & Westphal, Larry E., 1986. "Industrial strategy and technological change : Theory versus reality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-128, June.
- Mano, Yukichi & Yamano, Takashi & Suzuki, Aya & Matsumoto, Tomoya, 2011.
"Local and Personal Networks in Employment and the Development of Labor Markets: Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1760-1770.
- Westphal, Larry E., 2000. "Industrialization Meets Globalization : Uncertain Reflections on East Asian Experience," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 8, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minten, Bart & Assefa, Thomas Woldu & Abebe, Girum & Engida, Ermias & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2016. "Food processing, transformation, and job creation: The case of Ethiopia’s enjera markets," ESSP working papers 96, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tigabu D. Getahun & Espen Villanger, 2015. "Labor-intensive jobs for women and development: Intrahousehold welfare effects and its transmission channels," CMI Working Papers 15, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- SUZUKI, Aya & MANO, Yukichi & ABEBE, Girum, 2017. "Earnings, Savings, and Job Satisfaction in a Labor-intensive Export Sector: Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia," Discussion paper series HIAS-E-55, Hitotsubashi Institute for Advanced Study, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; Industrial policy; floriculture; political economy; government capacity; markets;
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:etd:wpaper:012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dagmawi Atnafu). General contact details of provider: http://www.edri.org.et .