Innovation capabilities for sustainable development in Africa
A sustainable pathway for Africa in the twenty-first century is laid out in the setting of the development of innovation capabilities and the capture of latecomer advantages. Africa has missed out on these possibilities in the twentieth century while seeing the East Asian countries advance. There are now abundant examples and cases to draw on, in the new setting where industrial development has to have green tinges to be effective.
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Jing Cai & Mathias Dewatripont & Luosha Du & Ann Harrison & Patrick Legros, 2015.
"Industrial Policy and Competition,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 1-32, October.
- Aghion, Philippe & Dewatripont, Mathias & Du, Liqun & Harrison, Ann & Legros, Patrick, 2011. "Industrial Policy and Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 8619, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Jing J. Cai & Mathias Dewatripont & Luosha L. Du & Ann A. Harrison & Patrick Legros, 2015. "Industrial policy and competition," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/229424, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Luosha Du & Ann Harrison & Patrick Legros, 2012. "Industrial Policy and Competition," NBER Working Papers 18048, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juma, Calestous, 2012. "Technological Abundance for Global Agriculture: The Role of Biotechnology," Scholarly Articles 8506827, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Bergek, Anna & Jacobsson, Staffan & Carlsson, Bo & Lindmark, Sven & Rickne, Annika, 2008. "Analyzing the functional dynamics of technological innovation systems: A scheme of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 407-429, April.
- Dodgson, Mark & Hughes, Alan & Foster, John & Metcalfe, Stan, 2011. "Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy: The case of Australia," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1145-1156.
- Dodgson, M. & Foster, J. & Hughes, A. & Metcalfe, J.S., 2009. "Systems Thinking, Market Failure, and the Development of Innovation Policy: The Case of Australia," Working Papers wp397, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Mark Dodgson & Alan Hughes & John Foster & J.S. Metcalfe, 2010. "Systems thinking, market failure, and the development of innovation policy- The case of Australia," Discussion Papers Series 403, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2012. "The Quest for Prosperity: How Developing Economies Can Take Off," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9812, March.
- Juma, Calestous, 2012. "Technological Abundance for Global Agriculture: The Role of Biotechnology," Working Paper Series rwp12-008, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 2012. "New Structural Economics : A Framework for Rethinking Development and Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2232.
- Lema, Rasmus & Berger, Axel & Schmitz, Hubert, 2013. "China's Impact on the Global Wind Power Industry," MPRA Paper 49604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaminade, Cristina & Intarakumnerd, Patarapong & Sapprasert, Koson, 2012. "Measuring systemic problems in National Innovation Systems. An application to Thailand," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1476-1488.
- Chaminade , Cristina & Intarakumnerd, Patarapong & Sapprasert , Koson, 2013. "Measuring systemic problems in national innovation systems. An application to Thailand," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/31, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Mathews, John A., 2002. "The origins and dynamics of Taiwan's R&D consortia," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 633-651, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2014-062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.