Emulation versus Comparative Advantage: Competing and Complementary Principles in the History of Economic Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bengt-åke Lundvall & Jan Vang & K.J. Joseph, 2009. "Innovation System Research and Developing Countries," Chapters,in: Handbook of Innovation Systems and Developing Countries, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Slavo Radosevic, 2009.
"Policies for Promoting Technological Catch Up: Towards a Post-Washington Approach,"
Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies),
Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 1(1), pages 23-52, June.
- Slavo Radosevic, 2007. "Policies for promoting technological catch up: a post-Washington approach," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 82, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Ádám Török, 2007. "Industrial Policy in the New Member Countries of the European Union: A Survey of Patterns and Initiatives Since 1990," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 255-271, December.
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- David Bailey & Lisa de Propris, 2004. "A Bridge Too Phare? EU Pre-Accession Aid and Capacity-Building in the Candidate Countries," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 77-98, February.
- Bennett, Colin J., 1991. "What Is Policy Convergence and What Causes It?," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 215-233, April.
- Luc Soete, 2007. "From Industrial to Innovation Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 273-284, December.
- Rainer Kattel & Jan A. Kregel & Erik S. Reinert, 2009. "The Relevance of Ragnar Nurkse and Classical Development Economics," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 21, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Radosevic, Slavo, 1999. "Transformation of science and technology systems into systems of innovation in central and eastern Europe: the emerging patterns and determinants," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 277-320, December.
- Erik S. Reinert & Rainer Kattel & Margit Suurna, 2009. "Industrial Restructuring and Innovation Policy in Central and Eastern Europe since 1990," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 23, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Slavo Radosevic, 2004.
"A Two-Tier or Multi-Tier Europe? Assessing the Innovation Capacities of Central and East European Countries in the Enlarged EU,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 641-666, September.
- Slavo Radosevic, 2003. "A two-tier or multi-tier Europe?: Assessing the Innovation capacities of Central and East European Countries in the Enlarged EU," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 31, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- What Can We Learn from Alternative Theories of Economic Development?
by Ingrid Harvold Kvangraven in Development Economics on 2017-01-29 21:17:34
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerhard Hanappi, 2012. "Schumpeter," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:pje:journl:articlev is not listed on IDEAS
- Michele Di Maio, 2008. "Industrial Policies in Developing Countries: History and Perspectives," Working Papers 48-2008, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Oct 2008.
- Florian Schaefer & Girum Abebe, 2015. "The case for industrial policy and its application in the Ethiopian cut flower sector," Working Papers 012, Ethiopian Development Research Institute.
- Rainer Kattel & Leonardo Burlamaqui, 2016. "Development Theory: Convercence, Catch-Up Or Leapfrogging And Finance ?," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 073, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Salam Alshareef, 2015. "Patent regulation in North-South and South-South Trade Agreements," Post-Print halshs-01273156, HAL.
- Mario Cimoli & Giovanni Dosi & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2008. "The Future of Industrial Policies in the New Millennium: Toward a Knowledge-Centered Development Agenda," LEM Papers Series 2008/19, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Mulatu, Abay, 2016. "On the concept of 'competitiveness' and its usefulness for policy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 50-62.
- Erik S. Reinert, 2009. "The Terrible Simplifers: Common Origins of Financial Crises and Persistent Poverty in Economic Theory and the new ‘1848 Moment’," Working Papers 88, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Grazzi, Marco & Moschella, Daniele, 2015.
"Technology and costs in international competitiveness: From countries and sectors to firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1795-1814.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi & Daniele Moschella, 2014. "Technology and costs in international competitiveness: from countries and sectors to firms," LEM Papers Series 2014/10, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- G. Dosi & M. Grazzi & D. Moschella, 2014. "Technology and costs in international competitiveness: from countries and sectors to firms," Working Papers wp941, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Devlin, Robert & Moguillansky, Graciela, 2012. "What's new in the new industrial policy in Latin America ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6191, The World Bank.
- Usman Qadir, 2016. "Pakistan’s Automotive Industry: A Case of Stalled Development," PIDE-Working Papers 2016:137, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tth:wpaper:25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oliver Lillepruun) or (Lisa Gilmore). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ahittee.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .