The Global Race for Excellence and Skilled Labour: A Status Report
In this context, higher education as well as research and development (R&D) have long since ceased to be purely the domain of the developed Western economies. Numerous regions of the world, some in the emerging markets in particular â€“ the often-cited BRIC countries â€“ are catching up in this segment. In this report an attempt done to determine systematic coordinates that define the development of knowledge, higher education and excellence of these efforts. [DB]. URL:[http://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/DBR_INTERNET_EN-PROD/PROD0000000000285883/The+global+race+for+excellence+and+skilled+labour%3A+A+status+report.pdf].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cameron, A.C. & Windmeijer, F.A.G., 1993.
"R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health Care Utilization,"
93-24, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Cameron, A Colin & Windmeijer, Frank A G, 1996. "R-Squared Measures for Count Data Regression Models with Applications to Health-Care Utilization," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 209-20, April.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010.
"A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010,"
NBER Working Papers
15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013. "A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- Kenkel, D.S., 1988.
"Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, And Schooling,"
10-88-3, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1990. "Regression-based tests for overdispersion in the Poisson model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-364, December.
- Lance Lochner & Enrico Moretti, 2001.
"The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports,"
NBER Working Papers
8605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lance Lochner & Enrico Moretti, 2004. "The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 155-189, March.
- Ingo Rollwagen, 2010. "Project economy approaches for higher education: diversifying the revenue base of German universities," Higher Education Management and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 1-21.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.