The Global Race for Excellence and Skilled Labour: A Status Report
In this context, higher education as well as research and development (R&D) have long since ceased to be purely the domain of the developed Western economies. Numerous regions of the world, some in the emerging markets in particular â€“ the often-cited BRIC countries â€“ are catching up in this segment. In this report an attempt done to determine systematic coordinates that define the development of knowledge, higher education and excellence of these efforts. [DB]. URL:[http://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/DBR_INTERNET_EN-PROD/PROD0000000000285883/The+global+race+for+excellence+and+skilled+labour%3A+A+status+report.pdf].
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lance Lochner & Enrico Moretti, 2004.
"The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 155-189, March.
- Lance Lochner & Enrico Moretti, 2001. "The Effect of Education on Crime: Evidence from Prison Inmates, Arrests, and Self-Reports," NBER Working Papers 8605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013.
"A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010. "A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010," NBER Working Papers 15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ingo Rollwagen, 2010. "Project economy approaches for higher education: diversifying the revenue base of German universities," Higher Education Management and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 1-21.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1990. "Regression-based tests for overdispersion in the Poisson model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-364, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4843. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.