Mitigating Carbon Emission through Economic Instruments: An Indian Perspective
The paper has two objectives. One, to analyse the pattern of energy usage in India and the implications thereof for carbon emission; two, to examine whether pricing and taxation policies have any role to play in mitigating carbon emissions. It is shown that the pattern of energy usage exhibits a shift towards non-coal based energy products. It also suggests that the reduction in carbon emissions is not sufficient to warrant the use of carbon taxation for mitigating emissions. [NCAER WP 96].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dinar, A. & Mendelsohn, R. & Evenson, R. & Parikh, J. & Sanghi, A. & Kumar, K. & McKinsey, J. & Lonergen, S., 1998. "Measuring the Impact of CLimate Change on Indian Agriculture," Papers 402, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Bach, Stefan & Kohlhaas, Michael & Meyer, Bernd & Praetorius, Barbara & Welsch, Heinz, 2002. "The effects of environmental fiscal reform in Germany: a simulation study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 803-811, July.
- Munasinghe,Mohan & Meier,Peter, 1993. "Energy Policy Analysis and Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521363266, june. pag.
- Bruce, Neil & Ellis, Gregory M., 1993. "Environmental taxes and policies for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1177, The World Bank.
- de Oliveira, Adilson & Skea, Jim, 1989. "Global warming -- time for a cool look," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 543-546, December.
- Baranzini, Andrea & Goldemberg, Jose & Speck, Stefan, 2000. "A future for carbon taxes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-412, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1814. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.